Deathknight level 80 raiding specs

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Also you can say Ever Man For Himself will scale with your gear, though not directly.
It will get better and better as your trinkets improve (assuming you're not playing a class that needs truckloads of resi in PvP)

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
You are all missing the point here.
Humans look awesome on an archerus deathcharger and any other mount that's evil looking ( baron mount, attumen mount, HH mount).
'nuff said.

Scarcity

Hacked
Oct 29, 2008
How is it going for lvling DK's Atm Im unholy spec and its quite nice for lvling, Im lv70 now with 13k health unbuffed with frost presence. although I still cant solo elites by myself
http://jamewowpro.blogspot.com/search/l .... g%20Guides
Scroll a bit down for the theory craft on dps and dmg taken.
Although atm Im dual wield with Rune Of The Fallen Crusader which proc's quite a lot and a overkill when Horn of winter activates =)

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
I'm leveling as frost. I don't know how it compares to blood or unholy in terms of speed, but I'm definately killing mobs very fast, and it's alot of fun too play. As soon as I get 2 decent one hand weaps I'll try dual wielding.
One thing I'm not certain off is when to use howling blast over obliterate. OK, when Rime procs is a no brainer. But generally HB does more damage then obliterate but Obliterate has more crit chance. So atm I've kinda gone with HB whenever Rime and killing machine procs, and for the rest I use Oblit.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Pretty sure the consensus is OB over HB apart from Rhime, KM procs will go into FS anyways.

Considering single mobs of course <_<

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Joyma said:
Considering single mobs of course <_<

^sums it up

one git = OB
moar gits = HB

btw, wut you mean annihilation procs, it's a static ability >_>

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yes, DW is quite competitive, but only with a very specific spec that's rubbish at anything else. Will prolly try it sometime though, but need to pick up some cheap 1H's first ;)

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
after reading the unholy dps discussion on EJ, i came across this regarding using AotD on Patchwerk for more dps:

"It's about a 1700 dps increase during the 40 seconds that they're are up; assuming a fully debuffed boss. However, as far as I can tell, they do not seem to be affected by normal raid buffs, at least according to the log file. I will confirm the earlier reports that their taunting behavior seems to be different on raid bosses. With my guild's consent, last night I tried using them on Gluth, Baron Rivendare, Instructor, etc. At no time did they ever take aggro, even for a second."

anyone tested this themselves? coz a 1700dps increase without the army taunting raid bosses sounds pretty good to me....

plus it means we get to piss ayu off every raidboss by popping it o/

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Croga said:
Jazende said:
AotD should only be usable of the tank is on less then 35% =(
And the mob under 10%......
"OMG HEAL TANK!"
"Never mind, the AotD has taken over, let the tank die"
It's a long channel, hence why I pop it 10 seconds before I expect the tank to go under 35% xD

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
With the upcoming patch pretty nearby (hopefully next week) and with DK changes as they are now I'm turning my attention back to Dual wielding specs.
From reading on the EJ forums they are by far the most complicated specs with many variants. Though in light of the new DK changes ( no CD HB, frost strike and IT glyph buff) I believe a frost heavy DW build will be very strong. As things stand now DW builds like 0/33/38 or the original tri spec are doing about 5.2k dps on Patchwerk. Of course that is with decent one handed weapons, which at this point is the weak point in my Dual wielding dream.

Here are 2 possible frost heavy DW builds:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla .... 0000000000

0/50/21 spec possibly good enough with a 1 disease rotation that u prep with blood tap which allowes you to do an extra HB per rotation. But that goes for the nex t spec as well

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla .... 0000000000

0/44/27: the obvious advantage to this spec is a perma-ghoul does do alot of dps. the setback here is not having night of the dead. So on some bosses the ghoul is not going to last more then 10 secs which means a big chunk of your dps gone.
For both specs my assumption that they are better then more unholy heavy builds (that also incorporate HB) is that frost strike when glyphed is a better RP dump then deathcoil. With t7 4 set bonus and 120/130 RP I should be able to frost strike alot more then i could DC especially in unholy presence. + forst strike would crit alot more than DC.

It is ironic that Blizzard are a bit wary of buffing DW because it might overshadow 2 handed and then proceed to remove the CD of DW's main damage ability: Howling blast.

Let me know what you guys think.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The problem is that Blizzard has stated they don't want DW to out-DPS 2H, and when you start gearing for DW, you're probably going to end up disappointed on the day they manage to nerf it into it's intended place. Otherwise it's cool, you should give it a shot no doubt, it's completely overpowered right now.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Are you going to use a spec without Crypt Fever tonight Joy?