Deathknight level 80 raiding specs

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Here are some specs I would like to try out in WOTLK. Seeing as I haven't played on the beta i don't in fact know how good they are in relation to each other. So comments/critiscism is welcome.

Deep unholy/blood. should do good damage and has by far the best raid utility of the three specs with ebon plague. Not sure whethere reaping is worth it though. might move the points to Night of the dead and Bladed armor.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0003133151

Deep frost/blood spec for 2 handed burst. Looks like alot of fun but not having Virulence really hurts it though.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0000000000

Dual wield deep frost/unholy spec taking advantage of Bloodcaked blade not having an internal CD yet. So should get alot of procs. Personllay I like this spec the most because it's likely you won't see alot of dual wielding deathknights around.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0000000000

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Btw I'll likely choose the deep unholy spec. Just wanted to know what you thought about the other two.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
First build you linked is cookie-cutter, apart from the fact you forgot On a pale Horse, which is priceless for levelling.

Blood is actually really nice for levelling, all specs do well at it anyways, just play whatever you feel like :p

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
The specs I posted were for raiding, not leveling. And seeing 10 and 25 man raid have limited slots for every class, spec is quite important regarding dps versus raid utility.

For leveling I'll probably will go blood at first. It has the least down time after all.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Is Cookiemonster taken already? I really think it's a cute name and a bit self-ironic if you want go for it, Ozzi. :D

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Note that it's not likely we'll be bringing 2 unholy DK's, if only for the fact that you can only have 1 Ebon plague ^^

A

Alystia

I think I'm going to go unholy for levelling, but really javn't settled on a final spec for 80

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Aha, I was under the impression I was the only unholy DK :lol:

Well thats actually quite good, can go with a frost build then. That dual spec really does interest me.
Arly and Ayu are the die hards of fat jokes. Well enjoy it while it lasts! you have one more week of mocking me before I reroll. Make it count :ph34r:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ozzimandius said:
Arly and Ayu are the die hards of fat jokes. Well enjoy it while it lasts! you have one more week of mocking me before I reroll. Make it count :ph34r:

I was actually serious about the name. :( What is not to like about the Cookie Monster? :cry:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ozzimandius said:
Aha, I was under the impression I was the only unholy DK :lol:

Well thats actually quite good, can go with a frost build then. That dual spec really does interest me.
Well I'm sure specs will change around now and then, just saying Unholy stacks badly, I presume Blizzard will fix this, since it's the only spec/class I know of that gets worse when there's 2.

Razors

Apr 1, 2008
I'm looking into leveling as unholy, since the Pale Horse talent is such an immense boost to mobility between quests etc. Just not entirely sure if the downtime counter Blood is rumoured to have in compare with Unholy. But providing unholy has a permanent ghoul it can't make that much of a difference(?)

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Where i think unholy might be lacking for leveling is group quests. From what i've seen Blood Dk's can solo just about all the group quests in outland. Hell, I even saw a level 70 blood DK solo Durn. I'm not too sure you can do that with unholy.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ozzimandius said:
Where i think unholy might be lacking for leveling is group quests. From what i've seen Blood Dk's can solo just about all the group quests in outland. Hell, I even saw a level 70 blood DK solo Durn. I'm not too sure you can do that with unholy.
That's something unholy wont be able to do, but I doubt a blood solod Durn in the latest patch Oo Always check the dating of such claims, not really relevant otherwise, bloodworms used to be retarded for example.

I'm thinking of going blood for levelling, if only since I wont be blood at 80, so at least to have some fun with that tree, and it's indeed perfect for solo play.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I duo'd Durn with Nat as level 66 on my Druid, in leveling gear + 3 rider adds IN YOUR FACE.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Blood seems the most likely for me, lifesteal and such is usefull solo. However, the permanent ghoul pet makes Unholy very attractive. Just seems Unholy has a bigger focus on debuffing, which is useless on mobs that die fast (i.e. 90% of stuff u solo). Haven't played a DK yet tho, so figure I'll check out spells and such in the start, and decide when I atleast know what rotation is usefull etc ^^