Deathknight level 80 raiding specs

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
I duo'd Durn with Nat as level 66 on my Druid, in leveling gear + 3 rider adds IN YOUR FACE.
So now it went from solo on your warrior to duo on your druid, /clap <_<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The point is, Durn is hardly difficult to kill.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
The discussion was, which other class can solo Durn at his level or 1 higher, alone, in levelling gear, not whether you can slap your lvl70 Sunwell geared huge warrior e-penis around his throat :hi:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Joyma said:
Ayu said:
The discussion was, which other class can solo Durn at his level or 1 higher, alone, in levelling gear, not whether you can slap your lvl70 Sunwell geared huge warrior e-penis around his throat :hi:

Ok :cry:

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Joyma said:
Ayu said:
I duo'd Durn with Nat as level 66 on my Druid, in leveling gear + 3 rider adds IN YOUR FACE.
So now it went from solo on your warrior to duo on your druid, /clap <_<

Are you guys talking about Durnhold or Durn the Hungerer here? Cause:
Ayu said:
Warriors can solo Durnholde <_<

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
why is it you've not looked at a deep blood spec ozzi?
I was pretty set on levelling as Blood, with a level 80 blood spec possibly looking something like this
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0000000000
i was considering http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0000000000
as more of a frost tanking/OTing spec

point me out on anything major ive missed out on, dont think ive done as much theory crafting as Ozzi

I never really paid any attention to blood because out of the three trees it appeals to me the least. Which means I never spent alot of time looking up info on it regarding specs and dps rotations. I do find it strange though that you would want to go so deep in frost. It serves only to buff IT damage and attack speed whereas if you go into unholy you get alot of passive damage buffs to all you attacks and a great increase in strength. Ablities like imp rune tap and vampiric blood i think could be traded for better talents in their place. THough if you really want them I suppose blood worms could be dropped. I just don't know how good bloodworms is currently.

I did find this spec on Dunsparrow's DK blog though with slight adjustments to what I think would be better for a purely dps role.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn .... 0000000000

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
I like the look of Annhilation though, not needing to refresh your diseases after using Obliteration kinda appeals to me - saying that the talent points used in that spec you posted seems far better to the ones i chose for a blood spec - i wasnt really taking bladed armor into consideration which kinda ruined the spec a bit for me, kinda forced me to take rune tap n vampiric blood just made rune tap seem a little more worthwhile if you know what i mean.

A

Alystia

I hadn't thought about doing the cloth handins for Experience, but I know for sure I'll be heading to Outland at 58, stuff EPL :<

Razors

Apr 1, 2008
Think you're better off getting a portal straight to shat, flying to the portal, then going the normal way from there as quickly as you can. Taking the 30% reduction from 60-70 into account you'll do more levels per zone. Pushing 58-60 shouldn't take long at all in outlands. The only, and pretty annoying downside, is that you can't pick up the Temple of Telhamat quests before you hit 60.

A

Alystia

When I levelled Arola, it took literally a couple of hours to get her to 60 from 58, and I think she was 62 by the time I was done with HFP

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
It's great, 40mins from 58 to 60, making it possible to skip entire HFP.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Something different, regarding race, although I'd have to get over my disgust before I'd level a Night-elf, wouldn't [spell]Shadowmeld[/spell] be awesome for switching gear during an encounter, or do you think that wouldn't work, FD/vanish get you out of combat as well no?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
FD/Vanish only work if you are the last person alive IIRC and Shadowmeld works with a similar mechanic. It may work if you are extremely lucky and you don't get caught in a boss mob combat pulse but it's not even remotely reliable.