Deathknight level 80 raiding specs

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Apparantly it's not even clear anymore how heroism works with the gargoyle. It's difficult to test. Seems currently the most likely case is that the Garg gets your haste whenever you have it during it's uptime. This means it'd be alot easier to optimize it by just popping it at some point after heroism comes up.

So for heroism purposes, popping it after 10-20 secs or so should always be fine.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
even better for me, since it takes about 10-20 seconds for me to get my full RP bar and wait for a mirror/unholy strength proc for one kickass DRW+Hyst+trinkets, shoots me up to about 5kdps til the hyst runs out.

cant even begin to imagine the numbers if heroism gets popped with it too....

/drool

i call hyst btw :<

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
any thoughts on what you other DK's' 2nd spec is gonna be?

being as blood is seemingly wank for aoe tanking, i think mine might be an unholy tank spec.
or if i were to go for all out DPS, id make my 2nd an unholy DPS specs, meaning on trash & bosses with AOE i could be unholy, and for single targets i could switch back to blood, especially with glyph of DRW and runic power mastery now in the bottom tier of frost DRW has the potential to be up for 38 seconds, which would outlast hyteria, olol

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Probably a dps spec with and one without Morbidity at first, to switch every 5mins and get some proof on it being broken or not :<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ehm, has our AOTD always functioned as another shield wall ability? Or is that 3.1 info? :eek:

[spell:3qsxmqo7]42650[/spell:3qsxmqo7]

That would easily cover a Sart breath, albeit on a 20min CD in my Sart spec <_<

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
nah it's always been like that, but surely with aotd being a channeled spell it would only be good for one hit.

might be really useful for a well timed breath i suppose

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Joyma said:
Ehm, has our AOTD always functioned as another shield wall ability? Or is that 3.1 info? :eek:

[spell:p48qnjnw]42650[/spell:p48qnjnw]

During a channel or cast you don't dodge or parry, so this is basically saying you don't take more damage from avoidance loss during the channel.

That said, for a situation where you are tanking a caster mob, physical dodge/parry is useless anyway, so the loss of that is irrelevant, and the damage reduction becomes interesting.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Can't believe I never saw that, that would chop like 70% of a breath :D

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
mind you, dont forget theres a chance any ghouls that do get summoned WILL try n run to taunt the embers n whelps, might make it a little trickier for the aoe tanks

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Tbone said:
mind you, dont forget theres a chance any ghouls that do get summoned WILL try n run to taunt the embers n whelps, might make it a little more fun for the aoe tanks
Fixed ^_^

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Joyma said:
Tbone said:
mind you, dont forget theres a chance any ghouls that do get summoned WILL try n run to taunt the embers n whelps, might make it a little more fun for the aoe tanks
Fixed ^_^

The downside is the risk that one of them taunts sart and turns him onto the raid.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Lonei said:
Joy I told you about AotD when we were first learning Sarth3d you mong :<
Lies :<

@Braque: AOTD don't taunt raid bosses.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
Lonei said:
Braque said:
The downside is the risk that one of them taunts A WHELP and turns him onto the raid.
Fixed, whelp breaths are lethal to raid k? :<

this is what i meant.

plz dont ruin our chances of oneshots coz an army of ghouls decides to force whelps to breath us to death