WoW bots - a diary

OP
G

I wait till he tags the mob and then take it for a tour round the cave dragging along new mobs and then FD ;)

So funny to see a train of mobs running towards the farmer that moved on to the next mob :lol:

OP
G

George

Found a hunter called Zweet farming the Tar Lords in Um'Bongo last night. Seen him there a few times. Aspect of the Cheetah, all green BoE +agi armor, following set path every time, wouldn't stop attacking when I tagged the mob he was attacking, wouldn't melee when I brought it close to him, etc, etc.

Submitted a ticket and spoke to a GM who is now monitoring his activity. The GM did seem very chuffed that I'd reported this player and was really appreciative for helping to identify and report bots. Like you say, guess they hate them as much as we do.

OP
N

noobies

George said:
Found a hunter called Zweet farming the Tar Lords in Um'Bongo last night. Seen him there a few times. Aspect of the Cheetah, all green BoE +agi armor, following set path every time, wouldn't stop attacking when I tagged the mob he was attacking, wouldn't melee when I brought it close to him, etc, etc.

Submitted a ticket and spoke to a GM who is now monitoring his activity. The GM did seem very chuffed that I'd reported this player and was really appreciative for helping to identify and report bots. Like you say, guess they hate them as much as we do.

:clap:

OP
G

i report every bot i find :) think i reported arround 20-25 bots now

(should have kept a list)

OP
G

Kanoku said:
(should have kept a list)

Feel free to post them here, in this thread.

Dankmy is a Rogue bot, killing Dreadmaul Ogres in the Blasted Lands. This Rogue does stealth before it attacks, but doesn't move around the mob for a backstab. Unfortunately I was on my Mage so I couldn't fear its target into adds :cry:

OP
Z

Ziger

Stumbled on to Reis in Vul'Gol Ogre Mound (Duskwood). He was farming the ogres there, doing the usual bot thing ;)

So I reported him....

OP
G

Spent some more time in Winterspring tonight. My favourite bot Hvjhds is still rotating on its spot on (66,22). Jantari and Sandieli are running around nearby, killing Moonkin, both with Aspect of the Cheetah enabled, as is Hskcuywsa.

In the South, Donara was botting around in Owl Wing Thicket. Alanis and I managed to fear his target into enough adds that it died, yay!

In Felwood, we encountered Devilhunts and Flowcloud, both killing Jadefires in the south. After fearing their targets for a while, they got tired of us and logged out.

Then on to the Burning Steppes. Before we arrived, we noticed Eogran is still botting there, sigh! Nice target for some fears.... :twisted:

Kanguard was also present. And Smallbaby.

If you harass these enough, the players come back at the keyboards. Amusing to see them suddenly target you. Fear rocks :p We 3 - Smallbaby 0. We 1 - Eogran 0.

Titch

Oct 9, 2005
Hoda, a rogue in the blasted lands, camps the Altar of Storms and is a totally obvious bot. She probably has the place to herself 99% of the time, and seems to be fighting mobs at a pretty high rate.. :(

OP
G

It's sad, but despite repeated reports, Eogran is still botting around in the Burning Steppes, at around (88, 36). Perhaps it would help if others reported it as well?

It's happened several times now that its owner returned and prevented a death, or even hearthstoned. However, every time it just returned to botting after a while. Same path all the time, same place all the time. Same order of attacks.

The same can be said for Smallbaby, the Troll Hunter that kills the elite Dragonkin at (84, 29). Last night he came back to his keyboard and started following us, and doing /no, /laugh, and /dance. Mostly the Chinese botters just whisper "s h i t" or "fu c k", but this one seems to be either much more educated, or not from China.

Another way to recognise bots is by the behaviour they show after they've died. For example, Smallbaby tries to use Call Pet 5 times while the pet is dead, to no effect; only after that, it uses Revive Pet to resurrect its pet.

Northeast Silithus, Staghelm Point, is a popular location too. Moonkiss is there, and Olina as well. Also spotted a few new possible bots: Lufamonv and Rigahorn.

OP
G

Tonight it was time to have a look in Winterspring again. Huonr is a Troll Hunter, one of the very first Hunter bots I ever encountered. It's not a very good bot that's often farming at Lake Kel'Theril., because it doesn't make any difference between mobs and players. So..... enable PvP and hang around it until it attacks you. Free honor :lol:

Monikar is a Night Elf Hunter also botting at Lake Kel'Theril. Donara is still at Owl Wing Thicket. Jacksun is at Thistle Hills, as are Rutinay, Layner, Jantari, and Moife. Rutinai lost its pet somehow, and died quickly when it got an add.

If you fear a bot's target very very far away, you can cause the bot's pet to despawn. This might confuse the bot to such a level that it dies on the next mob.

OP
M

Mark

Found a new one Hugeen in southern Plaguewood, in EPL.
Finally a bot who I can kill easily with turn undead :)

Interestingly, this BM hunter has some decent gear, such as Beastmasters Cap, the pet is still called "Owl" though....