WoW bots - a diary

OP
G

Dear Diary,

this morning I went to the Twilight Cave in north-eastern Silithus, and found 2 more bots there. Both Beastmaster hunters, by the names of Happyly (Horde) and Jacksons (Alliance). They run around in the stardard bot way, even killing each other's mobs.

I also heard that Eogran is still farming those Dragonkin in the Burning Steppes. Go go Blizzard! :(

OP
K

kak

there was a bot farming the elementals in silithus. think it was Decoly a troll hunter. Was funny i got him killed 5 times in a row, then the guy must have come back cos when i tried to do it a 6th time he finally FD :<.

tho shame that he didnt attack me when i had pvp on :O, that would have been alot more fun.

OP
G

Today, I started on the epic mount quest for my Warlock. One of the steps involves killing Moonkin in Winterspring, and there I ran into my old friend Partnerlsl. His bot program seems to be broken a bit, because he would not attack mobs in melee range.

To take advantage of this, I bodypulled a few mobs to him, in melee range; this caused his bot program to see an untagged mob nearby. It sent the pet to attack the mob, and the Hunter himself didn't do anything. A few consecutive mobs meant a dead pet, and after that, the next mob that spawned near him killed him without the Hunter doing anything back.

It wasa a bit crowded there in Owl Wing Thicket, so I decided to go to northeast Winterspring to kill the Ownbeasts there. It was totally swarmed by Alliance Hunters, all botting. Hvjhds, Jantari, Ch, and Sadd were all farming there. Sigh! Hvjhds obviously hadn't paid as much as the rest for his botting program, because all his hunter was doing was rotating on one spot until a mob spawned near, kill it, then return to that spot and rotate some more.

Oh look, two more appeared in that spot: Hskcuywsa and Sandieli. Some of these Winterspring botters have Aspect of the Cheetah enabled 100% of the time :?

6 bots was a bit too much, so I went back to Owl Wing Thicket for the last 4 quest items. Partnersls was still there, but he was PvP enabled. Poor bot 8)

OP
K

kak

:D:D:D

hmm body pulls is a good idea tbh.

gonna buy a bot progie since it seems to be the in thing with hunters these days.

OP
N

noobies

some ppl also use healing bots :x
Hope they fix that soon and ban them all

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
noobies said:
some ppl also use healing bots :x
Hope they fix that soon and ban them all

You really do not like Bloz, do you? :lol:

OP
G

Kind of sad, but Eogran is still botting dragonkin in southeast Burning Steppes. Sigh.

Smallbaby (troll hunter) is also highly suspicious. It shows very bot-like behaviour, but it also targeted me. And it seems to have the same "follow this player" code that Huonr in Winterspring showed.

Found another nice trick to get bots killed: pull some of the mobs around it away when it's almost killed his current mob. It'll search for a new mob, and will find one a bit further away. Hopefully, it will move to the spot where you've just pulled some mobs away from, and once you move out of range and the mobs reset, they will return to their spots - which are hopefully in aggro range of the hunter. Voila, adds, and death is imminent.

OP
G

A short update: there are bots in Silithus too. I found two, one whose name I forgot and Olina. Bah.

Oh, and Aequitas mentioned a way to kill a bot of the opposite faction if you're lucky, and a Priest or a Warlock. Flag yourself for PvP and cast Mind Control or Enslave Demon on the bot's target....

Donara is a bot too. I feared its target into some adds, and it just stood still and died. When it came back and ressed, it whispered "jian" and "buhao" to me, whatever that may mean....

Huonr the Troll Hunter is still botting on the lake south of Everlook, in Winterspring. He has a friend there, Forevers the Dwarf Hunter. In the northeast, Hskcuywsa is still botting moonkins. Injrid is still hanging out near the Yetis just southeast of Everlook, as are Reishi, Moife (another rotate-in-one-spot bot) and Jacksun. Yay.