Patch notes - 2.4

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Test realm patch notes - 2.4

With the new Life Tap a warlock in pvp gear (full gladiator and vindicator) will lose 2650 health and gain 2186 mana (1822 without improved Life Tap).
I would lose 1854 health and gain 2198 mana (with imp Life Tap). Which is a buff in pve.

Funny thing about the shaman ms-debuff atm:
"Currently the Flame Tongue MS affect is actually increasing healing done on the target by 50%"
:D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

I knew they'd do this, since they specifically said they wanted to make Enh. shamans viable in 2v2...MS combined with that -50% slowing effects, that's huge :eek:

Very nice stones as well.

And, wut, now they're actually buffing lifetap compared to live? Or is it still a big nerf in PVP, just a buff in PVE gear?

Gink

Nov 25, 2005

I'm all for making ench shammies and whatnot more viable, but this is so lame....

Blizz dev 1: Hmmmmmzzz how do we make this class more viable for PvP?
Blizz dev 2: I KNOEWZ!! Give it a 50% healing debuff skill olol!
Blizz dev 1: Donez, let's grab lunch.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Gink said:
I'm all for making ench shammies and whatnot more viable, but this is so lame....

Blizz dev 1: Hmmmmmzzz how do we make this class more viable for PvP?
Blizz dev 2: I KNOEWZ!! Give it a 50% healing debuff skill olol!
Blizz dev 1: Donez, let's grab lunch.

Karla will still lose to a level 50 Rogue <_<

A

Azmi

funny bug makes it a 50% healing increase, not decrease :D

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW

Braque said:
Is it dispellable?
It's a weapon buff, like stones etc, isn't it? Can't dispell that from the shaman, and dispelling it from urself is useless, he'll just hit you again, and u'll have it.
Also,
Toughness now Increases your armor value from items by 2/4/6/8/10% and reduces the duration of movement impairing effects on you by -10/20/30/40/50%.
Seriously? 50% less duration? AND MS with no CD?

Atleast I get all my agility as +heal w00t!

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007

Nice Shammy buffs. Note that both aren't just enhance shammy buffs. Resto and Elemental can use flametongue as well ( unelss the 50
% healing debuff is due to a talent in the enhance tree) and afaik the toughness talent isn't far into the enhancement tree so should be easily reachable for other specs.
Although i don't see how the toughness talent will help against rogues with slowing poison. the decreased duration is worth nothing when the poison is reapplies faster then it runs out. And for wars it just means spamming hamstring a bit more, no biggie.
Ooh and love the 1 sec GCD for totems, nice for pve.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Actually, having to Hamstring twice as often is quite a rage hit especially against a highly armored target like a Resto Shammy where rage is already <Pedo Bear Victim> (olololol, this is one is harder to figure out but not too hard <_<)

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Yea half hamstring defo hurts, not the only debuff you need to keep up after all, pillar humping shammies are annoying enough as it is <_<

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Q: Currently, casting Mind Vision on a player that's drinking causes the player drinking to stand up and cancel their drinking. This plays a huge problem in conjunction with the drinking change. Priests will be able to prevent a player from drinking the entire area due to Mind Vision requiring no LoS and infinite range.

A: Mind Vision will not currently work in Arenas with patch 2.4.0. We are working on a technical fix for this in the meantime.

Ah man, time to abuse while we can :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

badgegem_small.jpg

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Another arena change:

Personal Rating: The amount a player’s personal rating can climb above his or her team’s rating is now limited.

Not sure what that will achieve?

Gink

Nov 25, 2005

Start a 1500 team, play it to 1700-1800 where the competition gets hard, disband, repeat. I dont know if that works, when you get 1800 personal rating, starting over at 1500 might not get you many points per win, but i guess you'll get some. /shrug anyways, i have no idea, just speculating.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005

Gink said:
Start a 1500 team, play it to 1700-1800 where the competition gets hard, disband, repeat. I dont know if that works, when you get 1800 personal rating, starting over at 1500 might not get you many points per win, but i guess you'll get some. /shrug anyways, i have no idea, just speculating.

When you leave/join a team your PR resets to 1500. The "exploit" this change is meant to fix is:

1) create team,
2) tank rating down below 1500 with alts
3) play the with mains back up to 1500+
(repeat 2-3 until main's PR is above 1850)
4) pay PvPers to bring the team rating above 1850
5) buy weapons

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

Shaman
Changes to Flametongue (both Weapon and Totem) have been reverted. The healing reduction debuff has been removed.

O lo lo lo.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007

- A new jewelcrafting recipe has been added to transform many green quality gems into a single random blue quality gem. This recipe is available from grandmaster jewelcrafting trainers.

Nice new adition for JC'ers, need 3 of each green gem.