Patch notes - 2.4

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Test realm patch notes - 2.4

Should push the green shit gems up a bit also in price :)

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW

Swipe: This ability will no longer strike any secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. i.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.
:D:D:D:D

/edit: oh and noticed:
(Removed from notes) Flametongue Weapon damage effects for rank 3 and above now also reduce healing done to the target by 50% and lasts 5 seconds. (removed)
(Removed from notes) Flametongue Totem damage effects now also reduce healing done to the target by 50% and lasts 5 seconds. (removed)
Does that mean flametongue no longer is ms? :eek:

/edit2: I read further lol, should read all before I post.. under undocumented changes on mmo-champ it says
Changes to Flametongue (both Weapon and Totem) have been reverted. The healing reduction debuff has been removed.

K

Kirki

YES!!! :cool2:

Sounds too good to be true though.... Valid source?

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

Regarding the Swipe/Cleave change: Another retard nerf imo. If you're stupid enough to cleave/swipe near a CC'ed mob, you deserve to wipe :p

Same goes for the retards that wants to CC a mob close to tanking mobs.

Next: AoE spells will not hit CC'd units, and in a while: Cheat codes GLTTRNG & THRCNBNLYN will be implemented.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005

ArlyKarlsen said:
Regarding the Swipe/Cleave change: Another retard nerf imo. If you're stupid enough to cleave/swipe near a CC'ed mob, you deserve to wipe :p

Wut r u tryin 2 say m8z? :(

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005

Well, they didn't change TC, so I'm guessing it's just to make multitanking easier or something.... heck, even the felguard got the change to it's cleave :<

Braque

Dec 14, 2005

I think it's just a mechanic change, not a tuning adjustment. You notice untargeted AOE is unaffected, but abilities that hit secondary targets are? If it were a change to make tanking easier they would have also adjusted Thunderclap and Consecrate, and not the Felguard Cleave. If it was a change to make DPS using AOE abilities easier, why no adjustment to Whirlwind?

I suspect this change is aimed at mobs/pet abilities, and it changing player abilities is secondary....

A

Alron

Seems like they have forgotten Sweeping Strikes then?

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

Braque said:
I think it's just a mechanic change, not a tuning adjustment. You notice untargeted AOE is unaffected, but abilities that hit secondary targets are? If it were a change to make tanking easier they would have also adjusted Thunderclap and Consecrate, and not the Felguard Cleave. If it was a change to make DPS using AOE abilities easier, why no adjustment to Whirlwind?

I suspect this change is aimed at mobs/pet abilities, and it changing player abilities is secondary....

Avenger’s Shield: This ability will no longer jump to secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. I.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.

How many pets have Avenger's Shield?

Alron said:

For pets? Or?
I don't know many prot warriors that puts 21 points in the fury tree atleast.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007

ArlyKarlsen said:
Braque said:

Avenger’s Shield: This ability will no longer jump to secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. I.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.

I have a pet paladin....

Braque

Dec 14, 2005

ArlyKarlsen said:
Braque said:

Sometimes I forget that programming is a total mystery to most people.

WoW has a game mechanic, chained attacks. Its a mechanic used by both player abilities and pet/mob abilities. Cleave, Chain Lightning, Avengers Shield all use it. Basically, all the listed abilities share this mechanic, where an attack has a target, and also "bounces" to a number of secondary targets. There is function somewhere deep in Blizzards codebase that selects targets for those "bounces", implementing that mechanic. That function has changed. We don't know why, but the fact that no pets/mobs have a certain player that is affected by it makes no difference to my suggestion.

Another theory is that it was done as a 5v5 PvP buff to classes with breakable CC. Given the numbers for rogues and mages in 5v5, it would fit Blizzards tuning goals.

Alron said:

SS is a weird one, it doesn't quite work like chained attacks, and I'm pretty sure it has it's own unique implementation.

Anyway, the point is they didn't choose abilities to change, and change each one (and forget SS or whatever AOE you care to name), the changed a core mechanic function, and that affected all abilities that use that specific mechanic.

I think.

A

Alron

Braque said:
Anyway, the point is they didn't choose abilities to change, and change each one (and forget SS or whatever AOE you care to name), the changed a core mechanic function, and that affected all abilities that use that specific mechanic.

While this sounds like the most sensible way of dealing with the issue, I'm not entierly convinced that Wow has an overall-tidy-object-oriented code. I often get the feeling they acutally have to go around manually changing things that would seem to be global parameters.

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005

Considering how often blizz has broken a totally unrelated thing by fixing another (atleast on druids), that's not entirely out of the question :p

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

Well. I know how this works, but thanks for that implication..... I was just trying to make out that this will make it even easier to tank.
Swipe for druids is higher threat generator than Lacerate after the gear reaches a certain level. If I don't have to think about the CC'ed mobs around I can play arcade even more while tanking....

And whatever way you see this, it makes it even easier to play the game for people that use pets and don't know that there is buttons for their pets cleave abilities.

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005

Well, druids are kinda unique in that aspect.... not sure warriors use alot of cleave when tanking? Does cleave give you rage? Cause I know swipe does.... but swipe is instant, cleave is next attack, like maul, which doesn't give rage :< Guess it's a druid tanking buff, cause we really need a buff to the second best role we do ;p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Warriors cleave and Lacerate scales with AP next patch.

A

Alron

Anshrr said:
Well, druids are kinda unique in that aspect.... not sure warriors use alot of cleave when tanking? Does cleave give you rage? Cause I know swipe does.... but swipe is instant, cleave is next attack, like maul, which doesn't give rage :< Guess it's a druid tanking buff, cause we really need a buff to the second best role we do ;p

I wouldn't say it's used alot for tanking, no. Can be a nice rage-dump in multi-tanking. But imo it's primarily for dps with SS attached to it :p

Edit: This change makes it easier for Furreh DPS warriors not braking sheeps and stuff I guess.. No so much for tanking.