Is this supposed to keep the Sunwell PvE gear out of the PvP? Oo

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Test realm patch notes - 2.4

Yea, apparantly to prevent 4/4 PVP and 4/4 T6 bonuses to be combined and used in arenas.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

then they should have the stamina on it, and have a "stamina will not work in arena" function. Not nerf the possibility of me getting to 26-27k HP in raids :\

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW

No stamina on T6 just means it's even better for dps, and not so much for tanking maybe? so I'll have to socket and enchant for dps, and pwn even more, which imo is just frickin awesome :p I already get well over 10k hp and 50ish% dodge in catgear/shape, so this doesn't matter one bit ^^
But yeah, before this, T6 bracers/belts/boots were already #1 for dps, so now it'll be even better. Which is good, considering 3 tokens per boss ^^
And a runspeed bonus that doesn't apply to travelshape, when it's already limited to outdoors, was just silly. Luckily Blizz realized that :<

/edit: ofc, no stamina means meh for tanking, but really, with all the other gear, it won't be that bad I guess :eek:

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007

Theres been like a billion threads floating around about the maggy nerf.....here is the actual nerf

The Mind Exhaustion now lasts 30 seconds and only one infernal per channeler can be up.
Contrary to what some people mentioned all over other forums, there still are 5 channelers and yes, he still does cleave. Not sure if the debris damage was reduced, but it hit me for 5.7k if I recall correctly.

He also dropped a 20 slot bag, BoP, wasn't Unique, or at least it didn't say on the tool tip, called Pit Lord's Satchel. And a green bag with gems in it, kind of like Nefarian did, with 3 epic BT gems and two blue gems in it.

We had 22 people in the raid, and each received something over 22 gold from the kill.
Also 3 Badges and no Essence of the Immortals.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Bani said:
think the gold was increased for all raid bosses, wasn't it?
Yer, so expect numbers like that on all bosses, I hope <_<

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin

they should really introduce something like Platinum in wotlk so money will feel like it's worth something again!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Apparantly drinking will only be nerfed in arenas now, and will work as normal in PvE.

There is indeed a change in 2.4 intended to offset some of the mana regen from drinking away from the very beginning of the duration.

However, we specifically made sure the water would not change the amount of mana regenerated by players who drink between pulls or during gauntlet runs. You should see little to no difference in the amount of mana yielded if you sit to drink for at least 4 seconds, which most players do.

So right now you get a tick roughly every two seconds. After the change the first tick will give you nothing, second tick will give you normal tick+66% extra, the third tick normal+33% extra, and then it levels back off after that. So, at the ~6 second mark (or after three ticks) you've made as much as you would have before.

The change has to be consistent across all water as this fix applies to Arenas, battlegrounds, and world PvP, which will have specific emphasis in the upcoming expansion.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

T6 got some stamina back <_<

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007

Lifetap now converts 16% of your max health into 16% of your max mana.
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima .... ifetap.jpg

Seems to have a minimal effect in pve. Possibly that warlocks will try to balance health against mana better.
In pvp you will get less mana back from life tap. It also prevents downranking at low health (unless it gets changed to '16% of your current health').

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Well you can't even downrank anymore, there will be only 1 rank of Lifetap.

Logic implies it's a nerf if you have more health than mana, and a buff if you have more mana than health, seems like a nice way to nerf it in PVP where it needs it :)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007

The sick thing about it is that this will discourage warlocks to get more health than mana. So in 2.4 it might become a normal sight to see warlocks clicking off their fortitude buff to get an optimum health=mana.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Doesn't it apply to base mana/health? I dunno <_<

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Some Life Tap tests (in full PvP gear with improved LifeTap):

Test realm:
1930 health lost
1557 mana gained

Live:
1406 health lost
1708 mana gained

This is with 13.0k health and 8647 mana.
That implies it's base health right? Since 1930 is not 26% of 13k <_<