Patch notes - 2.4

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Test realm patch notes - 2.4

Apologies that this update is coming so late but we pulled the Essence of Immortal quest chain about 2 weeks ago. That's why you haven't seen it on the Public Test Realm. The 3 gates will open automatically over time at equal intervals on all servers.Regarding the taking back of the town on the Isle, however, that will still be dependent on completion of daily quests. Servers can race to see who can open their quest hub the fastest. But access to raid bosses has been made equal.We really like the concept of cross-server competition. But the concept of the gates being tied to specific boss kills was not playing out as we had hoped. We plan to do future things that involve servers competing with one another through major events.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa .... &sid=1#280

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Druid

* The range of Cyclone has been reduced to 20 yards. (was 30 yards before)

Can you say w00t :D

I know I play with druids alot, but in all fairness this needed to happen <_<

Hom

Aug 30, 2005

Joyma said:
Druid

* The range of Cyclone has been reduced to 20 yards. (was 30 yards before)

Can you say w00t :D

I know I play with druids alot, but in all fairness this needed to happen <_<

Sucks m8 :cry:

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007

Ey Joy:

Nelf-Paws.jpg

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

Nah but cyclone is utterly retarded.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005

So to sum up, Druids will run slower next patch, heal for less and cyclone from shorter range? Cool :D

Wilandra

Sep 28, 2005

The changes made to spells like multi-shot or chain lightning to avoid breaking CC spells have been removed.

Wilandra

Sep 28, 2005

Will ProM, lifebloom end heal, water elemental dmg etc be added to their "owner" correctly with the combat log change btw?

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin

Wil, unless I missed something in the recent patches, PoM etc are actually intended to belong to the i.e. tank who it was cast on. It does count internally as if the tank healed himself, thus generating healing aggro too.

Wilandra

Sep 28, 2005

Yeah, I know that's the whole point of those spells, was just wondering if they figured out a way to add the healing done of those spells to the caster anyway. Assessment for example has done that for a long time already, altho it's always just an estimate and not the precise value.

Really hate it how water elemental usually gets ignored :( No one bothers to add it for me in webstats reports, and it gets screwed up anyways if there's multiple mages with WE.

Wilandra

Sep 28, 2005

"Since manually parsing text strings is no longer required, things like pets with the same name as party/raid members will no longer cause confusion."

Hopefully this solves at least some of the WE problems too when there are more than one in a raid.