Triple Triad

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
well, the card packs don't guarantee you any high level cards.... I bought one Kara pack and 3 level 8 packs and haven't gotten a single level 8 card. So fighting the high level bosses is the only decent way of getting good cards isn't it?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What is the max level of cards in this game btw?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
There's no way to do that, the activity mod is separate from TT, it's a special feature in the first place you even get points for wins. Normally you just get, you know, cards for wins :p

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What is the max level of cards in this game btw?

Level 11 currently. But Ded is working on cards made from our avatars, I haven't implemented any yet, but those are probably going to be level 12, 13 and 14.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Level 11 currently. But Ded is working on cards made from our avatars, I haven't implemented any yet, but those are probably going to be level 12, 13 and 14.

With officer cards clearly being level 14, right? :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
well, the card packs don't guarantee you any high level cards.... I bought one Kara pack and 3 level 8 packs and haven't gotten a single level 8 card. So fighting the high level bosses is the only decent way of getting good cards isn't it?

The highest level pack only has a small chance of dropping the highest level cards. No doubt, beating the highest level boss is more likely to get you the best cards.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Haha :p

Was a joke ofc, any AAAA card would be way higher than lvl14 anyways, looking at lvl11 cards. And I don't know yet how to decide levels and all.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I also don't get the power formula. At first I thought that each card tier had X points to spread out but that's not true. Either there are diminishing returns or it's totally random.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I also don't get the power formula. At first I thought that each card tier had X points to spread out but that's not true. Either there are diminishing returns or it's totally random.

There's a rough budget ofc. But a 1119 card is alot better than 3333, so it's not that simple. And there's better cards than others, on the same tier as well. But those also have a lower droprate, usually.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007

I'm fed up with losing the game, so art is how I shall continue playing XD just like WoW!

Joy, should I look around at other people's high level custom sets, and copy their points for the cards? Probably gotta know the game inside and out to do it fairly from scratch..

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Haven't seen any sets with cards higher than level 12.

Also I need to figure out how to add custom cards first, need to make a new XML or something.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Added a random CPU that plays cards from 1 to level 7.

DeSoto

Jul 9, 2007
Go check trade.... lvl 9 cards in exchange for lvl 7 cards? that cant be right can it?
Yes it is!
I must be crazy!!!!!
Come trade ur cards now at crazy Soto's crazy card exchange.
Were absolutely bonkers.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Go check trade.... lvl 9 cards in exchange for lvl 7 cards? that cant be right can it?
Yes it is!
I must be crazy!!!!!
Come trade ur cards now at crazy Soto's crazy card exchange.
Were absolutely bonkers.
Took you up on one of them, got a spare Crag from Cho'Gall :D

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
The hell. I tried a little practice game against Brutallus using low level cards I had a bunch of.... and he played one of MY cards for his turn X_X is this some rule I don't know about? I'm guessing no, as it was buggy throughout the game.. (I could see his cards from the start..)

damncpu.jpg