I want to have Figo's babies!

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
Materazzi sure making a name for himself...causing a penalty, nearly scoring an own goal, scoring the equaliser :eek:

Final started off nicely but got a bit dull later on in the first half, hope it gets better in the 2nd.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Zidane just headbutted some Italian player :eek:

EDIT: Now I hope that Italy wins just to spite this crap Zidane did.

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
Thats one hell of a stupid way to end a genius career.

and ofc it was Materazzi he headbutted...if it comes to penalties hes either gonna miss the final penalty, or kick buffon out of the goal to save France's penalties :p

Z

Zyena

Raz said:
Soccer is boring :D

/agree

go waste your time on something more usefull people! like.... grass growing or something.... atleast thats fun :?

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
ronaldo-dive.jpg

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
IIIITAAAALIIIIIIIIIAAAAAH!!!

The match turned out to be quite a thriller.

I like how in 2000 Trezeguet become the hero by scoring the golden goal against Italy in the final and now he was the only one who failed his penalty shot. Talk about poetic justice.

Also, wonder what Matterazzi said to Zizu there, since he went totally berserk. (animated gif anyone?)

P.S. Cannavaro for president!

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
Heh, jealous at those penalties...seeing Holland struggle with them all the time.

In the end the Italians deserved to win it, not always spectacular to watch but definately very solid at the back and in midfield. I think a couple of teams (Argentina, England, Spain) will see it as a missed chance though, Italy looked strong but never unbeatable (the USA and Australia games were close enough).

Oh, and our friend Ronaldo is likely on his way to Barcelona or Real Madrid within the next few days since he feels he is no longer welcome in England and didnt get any support from Man Utd (whatever kind of support that shouldve been :? ).

M

MooPulvMoo

Gombur you never fail to please.

@ Gym. It's all over the papers here in England, Fergie won't let Ronaldo leave Man U as he's on a contract until 2010 or 2012.

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
I'm guessing thats just a way to make sure he can sell him for some nice money. If a player is genuinely unhappy at his club, and another club is willing to really pay good money, it doesnt often happen that a manager still keeps him to his contract.

The funny thing is, he feels Ferguson and other Man Utd peeps shouldve defended him...but how can you really defend someone who acts the way he does? Especially in England where diving is so passionately hated, which is a good thing :)

EDIT: The music rocks yeah, i know its both in the Matrix (part 3 iirc) and was used in the LotR Two Towers promo

M

MooPulvMoo

Gymlee said:
Especially in England where diving is so passionately hated, which is a good thing :)

I prefer the 'Running Bomb'. 8)

I think Fergie needs Ronaldo, seeing as he's selling Ruud.

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
its from the "requiem for a dream" soundtrack iirc

Aye, its listed as "Clint Mansell - Hope Overture" apparently.

@Pulv: I agree he needs him, and don't think he would consider selling under normal circumstances, but the boy is going to have a very hard time when he gets back in England. If he feels all miserable he might not be as useful anymore to them. But i guess we'll have to wait and see.

M

MooPulvMoo

Ronaldo in bad form is still better than a fair few players, most of the 'good' players have steady homes at other clubs.

What the hell am I talking about? I hate football!