I want to have Figo's babies!

G

franklin said:
Bah, poor world cup. Engalnd were dreadfull

String 5 across the middle, yet play without a single genuine winger. When Lennon came on, he hugged the touchlline, pulled full backs out wide and stretched the game. Not only did he beat people, but he made space for us to play. However, this wasn't utilised enough. Engalnd were far too predicatable and completly lacking in invention

Also, what a wonderful idea playing Rooney as a lone front man! Thats right, a player who's natural instinct is to drop deep, run channels and link play between the midfield forwards. So what do we do? We dump him up front on his own, pump long balls to him and expect him to play like an old school centre forward. Moronic

Lampard was awful. His engine was gone. The 'box to box' Lampard that turns out for Chelsea every week was conspicuous by its absence. Instead, we got a tired and unispired man who's shooting boots were lost somewhere in transit. Am usually a big fan of Lamps, but his performances pretty much sum up England's Tournament

The scary thing is, if we could have upped our game, the draw had really opened up for us. The Brazillians were the only team I really felt that, if push came to shove, we couldn't reasonably expect to take. I remember watching Ronaldo's penalty going in, walking to the bar, racking up 4 double jacks and just rattling through them one after another. A truly horrible day :(

Laters

Ayu said:

Just a hunch.. :p

F

franklin

Johras said:
franklin said:
Bah, poor world cup. Engalnd were dreadfull

String 5 across the middle, yet play without a single genuine winger. When Lennon came on, he hugged the touchlline, pulled full backs out wide and stretched the game. Not only did he beat people, but he made space for us to play. However, this wasn't utilised enough. Engalnd were far too predicatable and completly lacking in invention

Also, what a wonderful idea playing Rooney as a lone front man! Thats right, a player who's natural instinct is to drop deep, run channels and link play between the midfield forwards. So what do we do? We dump him up front on his own, pump long balls to him and expect him to play like an old school centre forward. Moronic

Lampard was awful. His engine was gone. The 'box to box' Lampard that turns out for Chelsea every week was conspicuous by its absence. Instead, we got a tired and unispired man who's shooting boots were lost somewhere in transit. Am usually a big fan of Lamps, but his performances pretty much sum up England's Tournament

The scary thing is, if we could have upped our game, the draw had really opened up for us. The Brazillians were the only team I really felt that, if push came to shove, we couldn't reasonably expect to take. I remember watching Ronaldo's penalty going in, walking to the bar, racking up 4 double jacks and just rattling through them one after another. A truly horrible day :(

Laters

Ayu said:

Just a hunch.. :p

I'll see that QQ, and I'll raise you an 'o rly?'

F

franklin

Funniest (and slightly scary thing) was what happened to a friend of mine

He watched the match and got absolutely shit faced. He was a little worse for wear and, on the way to meet us in another pub, managed to get into two separate fights with complete strangers. Not very good at all

However, another friend had a 'bright' idea. He got a little 'Withnail and I' and decided that his rowdy friend needed medicating to prevent any further fights. So, reasoning that no one on pills ever fights anyone, he fed him a couple of E's.

The fighting and aggression ended, which was good. However, instead he spent the evening telling everyone he loved them, whilst simultaneously trying to get off with other peoples girlfriends

Quite amusing

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
ROFL Rib :p

I think Englands biggest problem is trying to fit three star midfielders (Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard) into one side. Not a lot of coaches would dare to leave out any of those three players.

The most succesful teams all seem to have their side built around one midfield playmaker (Zidane, Pirlo, Deco, Ballack, Riquelme) the most disappointing teams (Brazil, England, Czech) all had more than one....

Ofcourse there are also countries with no decent midfielders at all, a crappy defence and orange shirts, who just decided they would use the World Cup as a practice for EURO 2008....... :cry:

L

Lupold

Gymlee said:
ROFL Rib :p

I think Englands biggest problem is trying to fit three star midfielders (Lennon, Lampard, Gerrard) into one side. Not a lot of coaches would dare to leave out any of those three players.

The most succesful teams all seem to have their side built around one midfield playmaker (Zidane, Pirlo, Deco, Ballack, Riquelme) the most disappointing teams (Brazil, England, Czech) all had more than one....

Ofcourse there are also countries with no decent midfielders at all, a crappy defence and orange shirts, who just decided they would use the World Cup as a practice for EURO 2008....... :cry:

ahem :?

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
such ninja-editing :(

Lennon isnt really a big name tho, Beckham is, captain no less (well he was during the World Cup anyway). Lennon did well when he came on, but its hard to pick him over your captain, who imo did play well before the tournament started, England scored tons from set-pieces.

Ah well, Terry made it into the all-star selection apparently.

L

Lupold

I'm a spurs season ticket holder *awaits flaming* so I get to see lennon play often. I can honestly say that Lennon adds a much needed edge of pace to the england team, the only problem is that england lack a target man (peter who? :? ) for lennon to feed hence why the lennon/mido/keane combo worked so well, however this was, imo, why Lennon wasnt able to show just what he's so good at during the tournament (that and his gimped play time)

oh, and ledly king as the 1 in the 3-1-4-2 seems to work relatively well too.

besides, I'm really a basketball fan :p

A

Aeriyn

Red card to rooney!!! :axe: oh wait *giggle* that already happened.
QQ more plx.

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
205481_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

Plus -

The 'Is C Ronaldo a Giraffe' thread - http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131020

'Did "CRYING" help him win euro04 or olymipic gold? NO!
Did "CRYING" help him learn a new move? NO!
Did "CRYING" make his neck shorter? NO!'

8)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I always find it funny to see the areas around his eyes being red - clear sign of crying too much.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Lael, Petit

EDIT: Haha at all the Booing when C Ronaldo gets the ball :p

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
Lael, Petit

EDIT: Haha at all the Booing when C Ronaldo gets the ball :p

His circus dive in the first half was another one for the books :)

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
Shame and sad that he does that shit cause he could be a nice football player if he didnt.
Nice goals by Schweiny tbh :D