Hearthstone!

Discussion in 'Mista talking about steam and indie games' started by Bani, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Bani

Bani Member

Is anyone except Jaz playing the beta? How do you like it?

I've been addicted instantly >< Huge grind though if you want decent cards....
    Anyway, add me under Horne#2252 and poke me any time for dueltaims. You get XP and cash for almost anything against other players, so why not lose gracefully against a German?!

2. jenesis

jenesis Member

losing against a german never :p, actualy now my acount has been wiped i didnt have much time to get the stuff back, but yea if you want a decent deck without spending money you have to grind a lot. i wil add you next time i have time to log on bani :)

otherwise i like games like this and its sure is a good game is you like to think ahead and stratigize a lot.

3. Ayu

Ayu You need help. Just contact Smaj, it's faster.

I hope everyone who got into the beta before me contracts a painful yet non-lethal and fully curable disease. :(

4. Bani

Bani Member

What happened in my absence that made you such a fluffy carebear? Tychem8, is that your fault?! Also looking forward to some duels with someone who knows what they're doing Jen! So far my matches were mostly akin to two drunk and legally blind people going at it with toy lightsabers :D

5. Jazende

Jazende Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted! Just contact Smaj, it's faster.

I'm up to playing the Yoda to your swapmonster <3.
    Got it working again btw.. but had to completly reinstall the game >_>

6. Jazende

I believe he doesn't want to lose raiders :D

7. Ayu

Please. If you don't die from it you will be in pain for longer and available for reinfection.

It's kind of like farming. Except with viruses. And people in agonizing pain.
    So kind of not like farming at all. <_<

8. Bani

Bani Member

nono, i totally get how it is like farming. Why curable though!

Aaanyway, new wave of keys went out yesterday, doublecheck your spam folder.

9. Bani

Bani Member

I also just found out that we get to keep all our stuff from beta into the release, which is kind of ridiculous.

10. Ayu

Are you sure that is not just the € you might spend?

11. Bani

Bani Member

yeah, I couldn't believe it either, but here it's spelled out pretty clearly:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...stone™-update-account-wipe-incoming-9-26-2013

12. Bani

Bani Member

I'm really curious where they're going with this. First I thought it was really smart because everyone wins:
    - beta testers are happy they don't have to do the tutorial AI and class leveling again while playing people who have never played before, which would be lots of boredom.
    - new players with no desires for beta are happy they aren't playing the millions of beta testers stomping them to rate up, with neither side having any fun.
    - players who got no beta access and are unhappy right now really won't care since they're too busy finally playing themselves.

....but yesterday they started the weekly reset of everyone's medal to apprentice with no reward for the achieved rank. So if that happens on release day, wouldn't newbies face the beta testers anyway....?

13. jenesis

jenesis Member

yea, its strange atm. beta testers are at an advantage now over the normal players. when the game is released.

i think what would be optimal is just a reset at the releas that makes you get the basic decks/levels again without needing to do tutorial and getting all classes free again. so you are just lvl 1 without fancy cards but stil have al the classes free to play

14. Jazende

Does anyone know whats up with the arena ranks? Should be some info about it somewhere?

15. Bani

Bani Member

you mean the medal? That just corresponds to your best streak.

16. Jazende

But weekly reset without anything to show for it is just kinda o.o

17. Bani

Bani Member

This time they were just testing the reset functionality. I'm sure they'll announce their plans at BlizzCon at the latest. Along with the first card that you need a $40 ticket for >< I hope it's not too OP!

18. Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius The Beard and the Bacon

Jaz, can I come by some time and play hearthstone?

PLEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEE?????????!!!!!!11111000099999

19. Jazende

Sure, once you've gotten beta! Ha-haaa!

20. Ayu

Belgian male found dead in his appartment. Police are looking for suspects; the only clues found on the site was a message smeared in blood that read "You should have said yes" along with some substance that looked suspiciously like cake crumbs.