Hearthstone!

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Is anyone except Best Buddy playing the beta? How do you like it?

I've been addicted instantly >< Huge grind though if you want decent cards....
Anyway, add me under Horne#2252 and poke me any time for dueltaims. You get XP and cash for almost anything against other players, so why not lose gracefully against a German?!

jenesis

Aug 7, 2010
losing against a german never :p, actualy now my acount has been wiped i didnt have much time to get the stuff back, but yea if you want a decent deck without spending money you have to grind a lot. i wil add you next time i have time to log on bani :)

otherwise i like games like this and its sure is a good game is you like to think ahead and stratigize a lot.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I hope everyone who got into the beta before me contracts a painful yet non-lethal and fully curable disease. :(

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
non-lethal and fully curable disease. :(
What happened in my absence that made you such a fluffy carebear? Tychem8, is that your fault?! Also looking forward to some duels with someone who knows what they're doing Jen! So far my matches were mostly akin to two drunk and legally blind people going at it with toy lightsabers :D

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
I'm up to playing the Yoda to your swapmonster <3.
Got it working again btw.. but had to completly reinstall the game >_>

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What happened in my absence that made you such a fluffy carebear?

Please. If you don't die from it you will be in pain for longer and available for reinfection.

It's kind of like farming. Except with viruses. And people in agonizing pain.
So kind of not like farming at all. <_<

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
nono, i totally get how it is like farming. Why curable though!

Aaanyway, new wave of keys went out yesterday, doublecheck your spam folder.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I also just found out that we get to keep all our stuff from beta into the release, which is kind of ridiculous.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Are you sure that is not just the € you might spend?

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
yeah, I couldn't believe it either, but here it's spelled out pretty clearly:

Will there be any wipes in the future?

We don’t anticipate any further wipes. This goes for both the Hearthstone beta and after the game’s official release. Any progress made during the beta after the wipe will be retained through the release of Hearthstone, such as new cards you obtain, levels that you gain and ranks you achieve. Basically, you’ll now be able to keep your stuff.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...stone™-update-account-wipe-incoming-9-26-2013

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I'm really curious where they're going with this. First I thought it was really smart because everyone wins:
- beta testers are happy they don't have to do the tutorial AI and class leveling again while playing people who have never played before, which would be lots of boredom.
- new players with no desires for beta are happy they aren't playing the millions of beta testers stomping them to rate up, with neither side having any fun.
- players who got no beta access and are unhappy right now really won't care since they're too busy finally playing themselves.

....but yesterday they started the weekly reset of everyone's medal to apprentice with no reward for the achieved rank. So if that happens on release day, wouldn't newbies face the beta testers anyway....?

jenesis

Aug 7, 2010
yea, its strange atm. beta testers are at an advantage now over the normal players. when the game is released.

i think what would be optimal is just a reset at the releas that makes you get the basic decks/levels again without needing to do tutorial and getting all classes free again. so you are just lvl 1 without fancy cards but stil have al the classes free to play

Jazende

Staff member
May 12, 2008
Does anyone know whats up with the arena ranks? Should be some info about it somewhere?

Jazende

Staff member
May 12, 2008
But weekly reset without anything to show for it is just kinda o.o

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
This time they were just testing the reset functionality. I'm sure they'll announce their plans at BlizzCon at the latest. Along with the first card that you need a $40 ticket for >< I hope it's not too OP!

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Best Buddy, can I come by some time and play hearthstone?

PLEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEE?????????!!!!!!11111000099999

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Belgian male found dead in his appartment. Police are looking for suspects; the only clues found on the site was a message smeared in blood that read "You should have said yes" along with some substance that looked suspiciously like cake crumbs.