Good series

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Indeed Nat, PB second season goes downhill, sadly, but it's like, the show was about a break out, how could season 2 actually be good, they never intended it to go past season 1....

Band of brothers is by far the best material available to get a feel for WW2, and that without compromising on the action, it's more like a mini-series, but it's amazing. The Dolby mix is also superb, very worth to get a decent set for.

I'm ashamed to say I never saw Twin Peaks, wasn't into TV-shows when they aired that, same for X-files :angel:

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Aelin said:
Carnivale was great, never finished season 2 though, since I was told it would cliffhang at the end and never get an ending. Kinda like removing the last two chapters of a book :S

Oh and try looking up Band of Brothers, only 13 or so episodes, but definately one of my favorites.
Yeah, Carnivale ends in a major cliffhanger. There have been rumors of a new season appearing on DVD. I doubt that will happen though as the show wasn't really wildly popular.

Band of Brothers was great. I should watch that again sometime.

Joyae said:
Indeed Nat, PB second season goes downhill, sadly, but it's like, the show was about a break out, how could season 2 actually be good, they never intended it to go past season 1....
Yes, It would have worked so much better as a mini series. The season 2 and the ending especially was a huge turn off for me.

Joyae said:
I'm ashamed to say I never saw Twin Peaks, wasn't into TV-shows when they aired that, same for X-files :angel:
I liked some of the older standalone "monster of the week" episodes of X-Files. Never was a fan of the major storyline episodes. TP really is worth watching though from start to finish. Go watch it so we can have epic discussions about that here. :mrgreen:

Neema

May 8, 2007
Re:

Natalya said:
I liked some of the older standalone "monster of the week" episodes of X-Files. Never was a fan of the major storyline episodes.

Amg, I felt exactly the same way, those storyline X-files episodes were just plain boring. The fun ones were the ones that was 'off-topic'. But that didn't keep my from buying the entire DVD collection. :rolleyes:

How bout Dark Angel or Firefly? Both underrated and good shows.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Surface, tho I've only seen the first 6-8 episodes yet.
Star Trek TNG, Babylon 5 for some old (great) sci-fi.
Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural for ghosts and such.
Invasion, tho only 1 season and I haven't seen it all, kinda cool.
I also like lots of the old shows, like Magnum P.I. :<
The first episodes of 4400 (the miniseries thing) is good, rest that I saw before I stopped was a bit.... meh tho.
For fun, try the mtv series "Yo Momma" or something like that, with Vilmer Waldemera (dunno spelling, Fez in 70s show). It's kinda fun.
Speaking of which, if you haven't seen That 70's Show, you should.
Can't remember anymore now.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Listing some pretty crappy shows there Anshrr :p

Babylon 5 being the only exeception, best SF show ever, with an underlying plot like X-Files.

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
Oaker said:
Deadwood is good too, if you're into westerns. And even if you're not :p

Totally agree with Oaker, I love Deadwood and not into Westerns at all.

No-one has mentioned the best series ever.....The A-Team <3

S

Stuvvie

Joyae said:
Band of brothers is by far the best material available to get a feel for WW2, and that without compromising on the action, it's more like a mini-series, but it's amazing. The Dolby mix is also superb, very worth to get a decent set for.

Band of Brothers has a incredible storyline, watch the whole series every now and then (mostly around christmas since I don't really wanna go out or so :p ) and it stays a fekking awesome watch. Especially the Ardennes part is so impressive.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Been watching Nip/Tuck, pretty good. Entourage is pretty funny also.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
bump for great Justin :D

Recommend some good shows plx! I hear Prison Break and Sarah Connor Chronicles are the things to watch, so I'm downloading some of that now. But give moar!

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
House
Entourage
Heroes
Prison Break (season 1 is a masterpiece, rest is ok)
Grey's Anatomy
Terminator: Sarah Conner etc.
Boston Legal
Well you recommended the last one to me, just adding for completeness :p

PS. I think you should sleep instead of watch TV-shows so you can show up awake for raids :D