WOTLK Beta - Blog

C

curious

Could you please tell us something about professions? Do you have to start everything at zero? Are main and secondary professions treated differently?
Not talking about rune forging, just professions everyone can learn. Would be a pain to go back to Elwynn Forest for gathering herbs....

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
curious said:
Could you please tell us something about professions? Do you have to start everything at zero? Are main and secondary professions treated differently?
Not talking about rune forging, just professions everyone can learn. Would be a pain to go back to Elwynn Forest for gathering herbs....
So far, the only prof that got a boost is First Aid, which starts at lvl270 for your Death Knight, I think you'll have to level Inscription all the way from level1, although it really makes little sense to have to go back to the starting zones with your DK, so I think Blizz will come up with something.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Joyma said:
curious said:
So far, the only prof that got a boost is First Aid, which starts at lvl270 for your Death Knight, I think you'll have to level Inscription all the way from level1, although it really makes little sense to have to go back to the starting zones with your DK, so I think Blizz will come up with something.

Inscription isn't a DK specific proffession so, yes, DKs have to go back to Elwynn to get herbs just like everyone else.

B

Buttgrowth

Hey, I can't connect to the chat :( It's just completly blank

Thanks for sharing this great stream :happy:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
Figured I could add some Alpha shots I had lying around. Unfortunately I couldn't find the best one where The Lich King executes you in the first zone if you run into him (with a quest item that gives you invisibility). He kills you with an ability called "Wrath of the Lich King" which is a nice pun. :D

I went ahead and redid the quest:

I'm in the village after taking the invisibility potion. Valkyries all around that you have to dodge, and this particular fellow:

wowscrnshot072408171350br7.jpg

Up close:

wowscrnshot072408171359lz4.jpg

Then I got sun in my eyes and got captured by him. Stupid blinding sun or I would have pwned him right there!

wowscrnshot072408171424tp9.jpg

wowscrnshot072408171436yv4.jpg

wowscrnshot072408171501wf1.jpg

Check the combat log :D

wowscrnshot072408171510mh7.jpg

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Finished a new youtube clip, showing off Dalaran, the barber shop, the sewers and a surprise ending ;)

K

Kirki

Hahaha
Btw grats on noticing the see-through ground already, over there!!! ;)
/tease :p

A

Alron

A few questions to you beta-players;

How's the Gnome city in Borean Tundra working out? Is it done yet? Anything cool there? Is it bigger than Toshley's Station?
I can't seem to find much info about it yet....

And, what are your viewpoints so far on Borean Tundra vs Howling Fjords? Imo Howling Fjords looks so much cooler and nicer to travel in, but it will be interesting to see how they are.

I really hope me or my wife get a Opt-in key soon :p

D

Dus

Ey there!
Just wanted to say thanks for streaming Joyma. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy beta testing but watching the stream makes up for it.
I'm still hoping to see more of your huntard. But last time I checked it became obvious that it's not exactly your thing ;)
I'm just a bit curious about the routine huntards will be using because I heard Autoshot will no longer be interrupted or delayed by abilitied in between. This would mean just steamrolling over autoshot and the entire routine of shots being dependant on the casting time, cooldowns and mana costs of shots.

Anyway, keep on streaming.

(btw love to see some Orc/undead haircuts too :p)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Dus said:
I'm just a bit curious about the routine huntards will be using because I heard Autoshot will no longer be interrupted or delayed by abilitied in between. This would mean just steamrolling over autoshot and the entire routine of shots being dependant on the casting time, cooldowns and mana costs of shots.

Isn't this already the case in live?

D

Dus

Ayu said:

Ai no.. wish it was
In live your shots needs to be timed right between the autoshots. when getting "out of sync" with autoshot you lose precious dps (skipping shots).

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Dus said:
Ayu said:

Ai no.. wish it was
In live your shots needs to be timed right between the autoshots. when getting "out of sync" with autoshot you lose precious dps (skipping shots).

Odd, I swear I read that they fixed Steady Shot not clipping your autoshot. The other shots are instant anyway so they shouldn't be a problem.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Still works like slam clipping white hits, I believe. But they're fixing it for WotLK, which is probably what you've read.