WOTLK Beta - Blog

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Death Knight quest givers are spread out over the various Crusader establishments. From one Orbaz Bloodbane in the New Avalon tavern, you receive a quest to sneak into the nearby harbor, in disguise ofcourse :yes:

[attachment=0:3r19hhm3]WoWScrnShot_071908_141436.jpg[/attachment:3r19hhm3]

Also, I just had to slay a poor gnome prisoner for a quest, that was sad ><

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
One of the cool things about the starting zone is the world actually changes in your instance, you can see other DK's that are as progressed as you are, but DK's in other stages will only be visible from their chatter, spooky when people talk in /say but you can't see them :eek:

The Lich King has moved outside to overview the destruction in this stage:

[attachment=0:2ywpebsw]WoWScrnShot_071908_143534.jpg[/attachment:2ywpebsw]

PS. Was wondering why the runeforging clip was so hawt, now I found it's on the frontpage of http://deathknight.info/ :p

W

warlocu

hi,from your PoV which would be the talent spec to lvl the DK :)?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Because I missed out taping this when I started my DK, here's me navigating Ebon Hold, it's not really big yet it's easy to get lost anyways.... (right Aston? :p)

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
warlocu said:
hi,from your PoV which would be the talent spec to lvl the DK :)?
Well I really haven't been able to kill much yet, alot of quests are fast and easy, and most of my time so far has gone to frapsing stuff, I do like Blood so far, the healthgain during/after combat makes the whole thing quite smooth :)

W

warlocu

aham,and you have spells/talents for nuking ?from how much you played yet,what class/spec :p tends to be more ?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
warlocu said:
aham,and you have spells/talents for nuking ?from how much you played yet,what class/spec :p tends to be more ?
Yea, the usual stuff in blood really, stuff that increases crit/crit damage, just got a new strike that lowers the targets max HP, and so on, really need to fight more to see how it all works out.

Look who I ran into now:

[attachment=0:vww2h4zp]WoWScrnShot_071908_155059.jpg[/attachment:vww2h4zp]

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
My new looks \o/

[attachment=0:24t0vl77]WoWScrnShot_071908_161330.jpg[/attachment:24t0vl77]

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
Joyma said:
Because I missed out taping this when I started my DK, here's me navigating Ebon Hold, it's not really big yet it's easy to get lost anyways.... (right Aston? :p)

Think you should get an achievement for finding Mograine in that place or possibly how to get back in :shy:

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ohh this quest looks like it'll be fun....

[attachment=0:193rbzqc]WoWScrnShot_071908_150647.jpg[/attachment:193rbzqc]

And it was, quite tricky even, have to kill quite a few of them crusaders, and this drake thing really needs a shadow priest, oom all the time ><

I died halfway through and it was a pain to res up, had crashed in the middle of the town square....

G

Gladdebalzak

That gear looks sweet.
I also have a question: What is that Spirit Tap (the green thing) looking buff you have in all your pics?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gladdebalzak said:
That gear looks sweet.
I also have a question: What is that Spirit Tap (the green thing) looking buff you have in all your pics?
It's a buff granted by the Lich King, it actually resurrects you on the spot when you die in the new zone, with a 10min CD, pretty nice, but not really needed, not sure why it's there <_<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Joyma said:
Gladdebalzak said:
That gear looks sweet.
It's a buff granted by the Lich King, it actually resurrects you on the spot when you die in the new zone, with a 10min CD, pretty nice, but not really needed, not sure why it's there <_<

Because if fits the whole undead theme? <_<

And wtf at your forum name, Mr. Ballsack. :angel:

G

Gladdebalzak

Oh nice. :O If only that was everywhere while leveling. :<

And wtf at your forum name, Mr. Ballsack. :angel:

Thats the name of my hunter I'm leveling atm. Couldn't find another one. >_<

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
After the bombing run I decided to try out the docking bay of Ebon Hold. It actually worked, but you can only fly in, not out, guess that'll get fixed at some point :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Figured I could add some Alpha shots I had lying around. Unfortunately I couldn't find the best one where The Lich King executes you in the first zone if you run into him (with a quest item that gives you invisibility). He kills you with an ability called "Wrath of the Lich King" which is a nice pun. :D

Aaaaaaaanyways:

Murloc quest giver:

wowscrnshot060108162015ez2.jpg

Murloc that is dual wielding a Cata's Edge and S3 Mace (I got Hexed :D):

wowscrnshot060108162429vt7.jpg

"Get on the Gryph, I got candy" (also, spot the Terminator reference):

wowscrnshot060108155042bj4.jpg

This keep is just amazing. You can see all the old Naxx bosses on the pic while they are being explained by some NPCs. Seriously, if you like Lore even remotely, check this place out!

wowscrnshot060108153327ou2.jpg

A quest where you have to cleanse your soul by fighting your inner evil (I don't think your mirror used the same abilities as you, though :()

wowscrnshot060108143212yn0.jpg

A new form of daily: You get to fly a Flying Machine and need to lift up 3 packets on some platforms.

wowscrnshot052808020331kx3.jpg

Just so people can see how the old DK unitframe looked like:

wowscrnshot052708143933ds1.jpg