Starcraft II Beta-cruisers

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Anyone got a link to some mirrors for the patches?

Can't get this firewall thing to fuck off >_>

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Can't you unplug your router to connect your modem directly to your computer, just for that..? Also, I found this:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to .... sid=5000#0

The first post there seems to be mirroring all the patches. Also, found this advice further down the thread:

"For those of you having technical difficulties manually patching.

1) There is a folder under your SC2 beta folder ( where the game installed ) that will be named "Updates"

2) If you are missing the folder named "Updates" then that means you can either copy the file named updates that comes with the .zip files on maged's site OR you can start the blizzard downloader and it will automatically make one for you.

3) for every patch that you DO NOT ALREADY HAVE you need to put those files into the "Updates" folder.

4) When you run the installer it should start the starcraft 2 beta blizzard downloader, which will verify and patch your game right there in the same screen.

5) If it does not patch correctly you have another problem, or are missing the proper files in the Updates folder.

The reason this is so complicated is because blizzard is testing their patch delivery as well.... They don't really want you to use mirror, or make it easy. "

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I can't, would need to rip up the carpet and stuff to get to the wires.

Gonna give them mirrors a go. Hopefully I can get it working before the expansions come out.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
I'm surprised it's giving you such trouble :( mine worked ok, and my router is notorious for it's damn firewall blocking stuff..

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Makes no sense this, I downloaded the patch mirrors for SC2 but they arn't taking effect :/

Dragged the folders from the .zip thingy into the updates folder. Should be working fine right?

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Urm.. you got 1-10, and they're all the EU versions, right? In the Updates folder of your SCII folder.. Then if you run the game, the updater should find them all and finish updating..... :/

What's it saying now? May be worth asking for help on your original problem on the SC2 Forums..? I found this sticky post, but dunno if it helps http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to .... 9&sid=5010

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I'm reinstalling the game, gonna stop spamming this thread now aswell and just get annoyed when it doesn't work

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Best Buddy and Tyche. Can't seem to add you two. Maybe not played since name reset :p

Finally got a win. Lucky Marine rush, he had some supply depots over the ramp to his base and he lowered one to build something outside just as my marines reached it. Ran in and blitzed him until the all 6 of marines in my rush died from him upgrading his Command Centre. But by then he'd lost too many SCV's and couldn't keep up with my production of marines and siege tanks. Fun times....

Marines with shields have such an awesome sprite :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Will post later tonight, haven't had a chance to finish the download yet.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Baah :/ comon Face, you must be able to! X_X Don't let no stinkin' firewall stop you! Bypass it with ports and stuff..

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Is it supposed to apply the Patch 10 like.... so far ~7 times in a row? D:

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
It's not the same patch every time.. at least it's not supposed to be.. and yeah.. there are quite some patches by now

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Yeah thats far too complicated for my mind to even attempt.

I don't understand how its not patching, I downloaded the patches elsewhere but they just arn't getting noticed....

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Careface said:
Yeah thats far too complicated for my mind to even attempt.

I don't understand how its not patching, I downloaded the patches elsewhere but they just arn't getting noticed....

:/ Without seeing what you're doing or what's happening when you try start the game, it's hard to help.. Do you use Blizzard Downloader for WoW patches, or a mirror?

You definitely unzipped all those patch files into C:\Program Files\Starcraft II Beta\Updates right? (or where ever you installed the game to) Make sure they're unzipped (and back them up too, cause apparently if it uses them, it'll delete them afterwards.. lol)

What happens when you run SC2 after that? Does it still try to find patch 1?