Starcraft II Beta-cruisers

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
We should organise some MM & co FFA/team games sometime, once everyones finished with campaign :D

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Blizz downloader is being a dick again, anyone know of a download for the actual game? :/

(only doing the seven hour trail thing at the minute so no CD or anything)

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
It doesn't deserve one to be honest since it's so end game that sort of co-ordination deserves to be a game changer.

Costs at least 1250 Minerals and 750 gas for the mothership alone if you consider all the preq buildings (Not including the initial Nexus). Then it takes another 700 (or 850 for cloaked ghost) minerals plus 400 gas (or 550 for cloak).

So total resource cost is 1950 minerals and 1150 gas if you use the mother to cloak the ghost. Then there is the sheer time it takes for you to even be able to build and train it which is 7mins if you build everything 100% perfectly on time and rush it but that's never going to happen to be honest.

But the mothership is really built when your winning and you forgot to spend your resources while pwning away since you'll be massing your unit of choice more often than not. (Usually VR's or maybe Carriers if you've got a Fleet Beacon up)

Can do a similar tactic with Protoss alone. Swap a nuke for Psi Storm from a HT. Not as effective but still a nice burst. Think Lebuff also linked a video of something resembling that but with Sentries placing the force fields around the vortex so they couldn't escape it :p

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
To anyone too cheap (or poor, like me) to buy this heres a pretty awesome fact.

If you can grab someones 7 hour pass (<3 Mystara) you can play through the campaign if you sign in as a guest. Just can't access the achievements/battle.net. Can't say if its the full campaign yet as I'm only 3 missions into replaying through them but still pretty awesome, hope its the whole single player campaign atleast :D

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Only problem is....... we now have to wait for the next two to find out what happens >_< 2 years wait? Aarrrgh!

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
One year I imagine, looking at the normal rate Blizzard release expansions. And then the 3rd part in the 2nd year, so 2 years overall.

Just guessing of course, I dunno when they're out for sure :)

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Heh Heart of the Swarm is going to be very interesting to see how they fiddle you using zerg units with <spoiler here> and <here too>. Since you know <spoiler> became <spoiler>.

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Oh and for those of you who got the collectors pack. Pop on the Behind the Scene's DVD and turn the subs on and watch one with zerg units in it. "Rawr" is subtitle for when they roar :p

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Probably do some flashback missions. Anyway we don't know if <spoiler> can still control <spoiler>, at least in small amounts, which might be interesting!

We need spoiler tags in this forum :D put a black box over spoiler text so only those who want to can read it ^^

Oh and for those of you who got the collectors pack. Pop on the Behind the Scene's DVD and turn the subs on and watch one with zerg units in it. "Rawr" is subtitle for when they roar :p
Not rich enough for such things :(

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
Am I the only one who didn't find the story to be all that intriguing? :S
For something that took 12 years to complete it feels a bit lackluster

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Am I the only one who didn't find the story to be all that intriguing? :S
For something that took 12 years to complete it feels a bit lackluster

Well the story is far from over. I think it ends on a good point as far as we know at the moment for Raynor's Raiders. Still a lot of questions to be asked for him. Maybe another mini campaign with Raynor's Raiders during Heart of the Swarm.

Probably do some flashback missions. Anyway we don't know if <spoiler> can still control <spoiler>, at least in small amounts, which might be interesting!

We need spoiler tags in this forum :D put a black box over spoiler text so only those who want to can read it ^^

Not rich enough for such things :(

Shame you didn't get the pack. Really nice art book in there although I imagine you could torrent the book and the dvd by now and yeah we need some spoiler code tags but Joy is too busy moving the shout box to the bottom which sucks D:

Back on the story though I'd assume that <spoilers> can still control a substantial amount of <spoilers> otherwise they just epicly fucked up if a certain <character> <spoilers> turns out to be true.