Starcraft II Beta-cruisers

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Got into the gold league in 4v4 :/

Is the placement based on win/loss ratio (only won 3 of the 5) or my personal scores in the games?
I suck, don't wanna be this high up while still learning ha

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
What with the addition of Diamond and removal of Copper, Gold is the new Silver league, so don't worry too much. 3 out of 5 sounds about right (4 out of 5 being Platinum, 5 out of 5 being Diamond etc)

If you suck enough, it'll kick you down a league :(

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I just got the ultimate cheese done, mass cannons outside my base (like 30+), took out his main and had 5 expansions to his one but couldnt be fucking arsed.

Hate dickheads to do that kind of shit, should learn to play properly >_>

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
This was pretty awesome
[youtube:essn10vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJLoYlYTyKc[/youtube:essn10vc]

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
StarCraft II Beta - Patch 16 (version 0.19.0.15976)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 16 (version 0.19.0.15976)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General

Rally points now behave as a move command, instead of an attack move command.
Enabled the ability to manually add a StarCraft II character friend using the player's character code. Character code is a server-assigned numerical code that is displayed within the Add Friend panel.
Battle.net Achievements & Rewards have been updated.
All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode.
Enabled cross-game social features between World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

Balance Changes

ZERG
Infestor
Frenzy spell removed.
Infested Terran spell added.
Overseer
Infested Terran spell removed.
Ultralisk
Now immune to stuns and mind control.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Downloading this as I type, didn't actually realise there was any stuns in this game for the ultra to be immune to :<

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Wat? This mean the beta is back soon? :eek:

Also, yeh.. not sure what they mean by stuns.. I know one move can root units, Fungal Growth.. maybe they mean that?
Dark Archon in SC: Brood War could stun, so it might be a future addition..

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Yeah, at the moment I can't think of a single unit that stuns.

Only things I can think of is fungal growth and concussive shot from marauder but they're roots and movement impairing/slow effects, not actually stuns >_<

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Maybe a single-player only unit....

Thinking of toss units that sort of have stuns we know of the Phoenix Grav Beam shouldn't work given that an Ultralisk is counted as Massive. The Sentry's Force Field gets smashed by Massive units too so no dice. High Templar used to have a Banish effect on one mob. Might be back and classed as a stun instead.

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
'The thor can only target one unit, which it does continually, stunning the target for a short period of time while inflicting 500 damage'

Snorri wins a prize :p

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
imagesbike-riding.gif

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Apparently SC2 cost over $100 million to make..

That WoW money has to go somewhere I suppose!

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Not really done a beta before, so I dunno.. but should I uninstall SC2 beta now it's over? Or is it worth keeping to save installation time of the full game (if it even works like that)?

Lonei

Shitpenis
Aug 7, 2008
HoN used the beta as a client and just upgraded it to retail, so there's no harm keeping it till the game is actually released if you ask me. Not unless you need the disk space anyways.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
HoN used the beta as a client and just upgraded it to retail, so there's no harm keeping it till the game is actually released if you ask me. Not unless you need the disk space anyways.

This ^ + baton twirled.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Release today! If you haven't pre-ordered you suck and still should get it today! Go go go!