is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Starcraft back in the 80s, so retro ;)
[youtube:qksx3ut4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B16eAS1dwA[/youtube:qksx3ut4]
zomg rush!!

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Argh I'm the only one posting anything here now :/ new patch out.. 3v3 and 4v4! That means we can get up to 16 in a FFA game :D fun! If there are the maps for it, of course.... but now Map Editor lets you share so we can always make/download one if not..

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

General

* Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
* Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
* 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
* Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:

o Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
o Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
o No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
o Matchmaking system logic updated.

* UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
* Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

* PROTOSS

o Sentry

+ Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

o Void Ray

+ Range decreased from 7 to 6.

o Warp Gate

+ Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

* TERRAN

o Marine

+ Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
+ Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

* ZERG

o Infestor

+ Infested Terran spell removed.
+ Frenzy spell added:

# Costs 25 energy.
# Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

o Overseer

+ Contaminate spell added:

# Costs 75 energy.
# Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

+ Infested Terran spell added:

# Costs 125 energy.
# Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

o Ultralisk

+ Life decreased from 600 to 450.
+ Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
+ Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):

* Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.
* Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface

* Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.
* Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.
* Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
* Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.
* Added in-game blocking and player muting.

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Lol void ray nerf but rly happy about the Stimpack buff. Was annoyingly just too much to get while still having enough to churn out Maur and Mari's :)

Massive yay for 3v3 and 4v4 though :D

Some of the maps are already built for 3v3 and 4v4 just they didn't give them the starting point marks so limited them to 2v2.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Thats what I meant to talk about >_<

Hardlys a nerf to void rays in all honesty, still gonna steamroll everyone earlygame

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Argh they've ruined the friend adding function, it seems.. I don't think you can add people by their game-name anymore, only RealID (email address) and damn Facebook friends....

From what I hear that's only temporary for testing though.. maybe.

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Yeah as long as the VR has the Vlux Vanes upgrade from a Fleet Beacon it's not going to make a lot of difference :p

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Untitled-1.jpg
dropped instantly.. gg!

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
[youtube:3qd2avgf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRdAc0LEE5A&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube:3qd2avgf]

I love this

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Raged, Myst? Is comedy :D

She's also done a Zerg one XD even more strange.

[youtube:3imoiksd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h59ZOZEtF5s[/youtube:3imoiksd]

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Yeah but that type of comedy just is annoying to me. Was obviously a joke one just it didn't make me laugh ¬.¬

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Mystara said:
Yeah but that type of comedy just is annoying to me. Was obviously a joke one just it didn't make me laugh ¬.¬

Ahh I see, yeah that's understandable.. Not really my sort of comedy either, but she did get a chuckle from me.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Quote from Blizzard:

"We previously announced that the first phase of the StarCraft II beta test would be coming to a close in all regions on Monday, May 31. In order to prepare for the final phase of beta testing, we plan to extend the current phase in all regions until Monday, June 7. After this date, the beta test will be unavailable for several weeks while we make some hardware and software configuration changes for the final phase of the beta test and the release of the game. We plan to bring the beta test back online for a couple of weeks prior to the game’s launch to complete our testing. We’ll have more details to share about when this final phase will begin at a later date.

We’d like to thank all of our beta-test participants for your enthusiasm, dedication, and valuable feedback during the beta test, and we look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the StarCraft II beta test as the game’s July 27 launch approaches."

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
[youtube:2gwy3pgq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOHuTOCQ2c[/youtube:2gwy3pgq] Hah, classic :D

ZERG!