Some 2.3 Class stuff

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
The main problem with the rating thing is that the achievable rating depends on what realm pool your in. In the largest/most active realm pools 2k rating is top 100*, in the least active/smallest it's more like top 3*.

*Estimated numbers; CBA to go check all realm pool arena ratings for exact figures.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Ayu said:
Blue about Feral druids (in arenas):

I don't want to leave you guys hanging so I wanted to chime in and say that we don't have any changes planned for Feral Druids. Druids are a very strong class right now with a lot of options and we want to see how all the other changes play out before making further changes to this area of them. We are keeping an eye out on things though and will make changes in the future as appropriate.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaa.... fuck off

Oh for fucks sake. They have several times pointed out the small amount of druids in arenas, and said they were looking into it. Fucking fuck fuck. That's what I have to say. ><

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Ogri'la Faction Vendor: This vendor now sells potions useable anywhere for a large number of Apexis Shards. 50 shards, as good as super mana/heal pots. (UP6)
start saving ^^

All this stuff is from http://www.worldofraids.com/ they have a post there that they are constantly updating.

Dunno how much is true ofc..but if even half is true...it's...a lot of stuff

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Cronosone said:
Ogri'la Faction Vendor: This vendor now sells potions useable anywhere for a large number of Apexis Shards. 50 shards, as good as super mana/heal pots. (UP6)
start saving ^^

All this stuff is from http://www.worldofraids.com/ they have a post there that they are constantly updating.

Dunno how much is true ofc..but if even half is true...it's...a lot of stuff

BOP I presume? I need to find time for dailies again anyways >_>

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Stolen:

SCENE: A successful fruit store, interior.

BOB: Well, Harry, it's been a year and our fruit business is booming.
HARRY: Yeah, we've really done it, Harry.
BOB: But there's a problem.
HARRY: What's that, Bob?
BOB: Well, it seems that pretty much everyone is buying bananas, so it's not all that special any more to have a banana.
HARRY: How is that a problem?
BOB: Never mind, it just is. So the question at hand is, how do we stop people from getting our bananas?
HARRY: Are we in short supply or something?
BOB: No, we have all the bananas one might ever need. In fact, we have a banana plantation out back that just keeps spitting out bananas. But that's neither here nor there. It's important that we stop our customers from getting too many bananas.
HARRY: Well...I guess let's run with that idea for a minute. Let's see...economics 101 suggests that we, perhaps, raise the price of bananas. That would cause only rich people to be able to get bananas, and would reduce their accessibility to the average person.
BOB: I have an even better idea.
HARRY: What's that, Bob?
BOB: We're going to invent an entire new currency, and that currency is the only way that you will be able to purchase bananas.
HARRY: A...new...currency.
BOB: Yes.
HARRY: It seems like we've already got three currencies that we take for our goods -- gold, "honor dollars", and "arena dollars"....?
BOB: Yes. So three currencies isn't complex enough -- we need to have four. And this fourth currency, which I'm going to call "personal arena dollars", is going to have a number of very complicated rules associated with it.
HARRY: ....
BOB: You see, we don't want people to get "personal arena dollars" too easily. So we're going to limit whose house you can go over to. The moment you step over someone else's threshold, bingo! You lose all your personal arena dollars.
HARRY: So in order to purchase this banana, I need to save up in a special fourth currency and make sure never to go over to anyone else's house.
BOB: That's right.
HARRY: But what if my house burns down, or I get a divorce, or a friend invites me over for dinner to have some fun?
BOB: Then you need to start over in your attempt to earn this banana.
HARRY: But this doesn't apply to apples.
BOB: That's right.
HARRY: Only bananas.
BOB: Well, actually it will apply to our kumquats too. Because our kumquats are also seeing too much action, and lord knows what would happen if everyone had a kumquat, you know what I'm saying?
HARRY: Not exactly.
BOB: Treacherous dilution of our precious bodily fluids.
HARRY: Uh....
BOB: Or something, anyway it's not important -- the important thing is, we must generate exclusivity on our bananas and kumquats; and the only way to do that is to introduce a fourth currency bound up in complicated rules.
HARRY: I really think that just changing this price here from '18.50' to '49.99' would probably do it real good...I mean, haven't we as humans used pricing to differentiate between product lines since the first prostitute and her sister?
BOB: Look, I've worked really hard on this fourth currency idea. Long nights contemplating bananas. Your skepticism is wounding.
HARRY: Let me put it to you frankly, Bob. We've built up a very successful fruit business, and one of the main complaints in the past -- back when we had High Warlord(tm) brand pears, for instance -- was that the hoops the customers had to jump through just to be able to open the display case were insane. And in fact over 90% of the people who ever ate one of those pears realized it wasn't worth it and took their business elsewhere. Further, three currencies is already excessive and bewildering, so making another one and binding it up in crazy exclusions when another one will work perfectly is more than a little strange. And lastly, there's maybe 200 guys in the world that think that bananas and kumquats should be completely exclusive, but we serve millions of people a day. So I guess I don't understand the point of this exercise.
BOB: You're a bananatarian aren't you.
HARRY: What?
BOB: A filthy Marx-loving bananatarian. I should have seen the signs.
HARRY: Bob, what are you....?
BOB: DIE YOU BANANATARIAN HERETIC! MAY THE LIGHT CLEANSE YOUR CORRUPTED SOUL!

BOB delivers a brutal Crusader Strike with a kumquat, felling Harry in one blow. As HARRY falls lifeless to the floor, BOB gloats momentarily, then moves to a chest in the back of the room. Opening it, he pulls out a set of Tier 1 Paladin shoulders. He begins to stroke the banana shoulders obscenely.

BOB: My precioussssssss.

CURTAIN FALLS.

:D

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Interesting stuffs....

New PvP Trinket in 2.3

There are a few new pvp oriented trinkets for 2.3.
All versions of the trinket have a click effect to gain 1750 max health (kind of like the old lifegiving gem effect), along with a passive effect (your choice of 47 spell damage, 40 spell crit rating, 80 attack power, 40 melee crit rating, or 88 healing).

Any resilience?
Nope, we did the clicky max health instead of resilience in this case (some players are at or nearing the resilience cap already).

Actually, they cost badges of justice, which will also be available off Kara and Zul Aman bosses.

They're open to all classes. The click effects share a cooldown though, so you won't be able to stack that effect.

We like to encourage players to mix it up a little to a reasonable extent. Obviously, I can't argue that you personally will have more total fun if you also do a little PvE to go along with your PvP, but we do feel that for most players it adds up to a better overall play experience.
That being said, you certainly can tank heroics in s2 gear.

Legendary Ranged Weapon Boo giev staff tbh

We were planning to implement a Legendary ranged weapon soon, while I’m not sure what class restrictions it will have, I kind of doubt many Rogues or Warriors are going to be able to say that they need it or will use it more than Hunters. Just my crazy thoughts though.

Rumored Additional Paladin 2.3 Changes

The following infos had originally appeared on the EU paladin class forum from a blue (so official) and then was misteriously deleted. Anyway, here are the changes:

•(NEW SPELL)Blessing of Defiance - Greatly increase Paladin's block value. Detail Coming Soon
•(NEW SPELL)Seal Of Protection -5 minutes cooldown Temporarily increase total Paladin Hit Points.Unleashing this Seal's will judge an enemy,decreasing all damage done by judged target. Detail Coming soon
•The Tier 4, Tier 5, Tier6 and all Gladiator Sets have had their Spell Damage removed and the points have been reinvested in other stats, such as Strength and Critical Strike Rating.
•Precision(Protection): Now increase chance to hit with spell as well
•SpellWarding(Protection): Now reduce damage taken by spell by 3/6% instead of 2/4%.
•Weapon Expertise(Protection): In addiction to current effect now Increase Paladin Total hit points by 3/6/9/12/15 per level and convert 1/2/3/4/5% of all damage received in mana.
•Two-Handed Weapon Specialization (Retribution) now also reduces threat caused while wielding a Two-Handed Weapon by 8/16/25%.
•Vengeance (Retribution) duration increased from 15 to 30 seconds and now increases Healing done as well.
•Seal of Command (Retribution) now does 85% Weapon Damage, but is no longer affected by Spell damage.
•Judgement of Command (Retribution) now does holy damage equal to 25% of your Attack Power and 50% when the target is stunned or disoriented and is no longer affected by Spell Damage.
•Crusader Strike (Retribution) cooldown reduced from 10 to 6 seconds and does 110% weapon damage instead of weapon damage plus 40% of your Holy Spell damage.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
If true, those Protection talent changes are pretty awesome. The Weapons Expertise is not a talent I currently take when I'm protection spec, but the proposed changed would make it a very competitive talent.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Plog said:
Those changes make me want my Ret gear back <_<

I LOLed. Then I remembered heroic mana tombs. Then I cried. :cry:

<3

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Some interesting changes for priests. But I would have preferred them to leave fear ward to dwarves and draenai and make the new Chastise a base ability. A two second incapacitate is simply amazing for pvp. I've never felt I needed fear ward but I have always dreamt of another CC ability for pvp.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Natalya said:
Some interesting changes for priests. But I would have preferred them to leave fear ward to dwarves and draenai and make the new Chastise a base ability. A two second incapacitate is simply amazing for pvp. I've never felt I needed fear ward but I have always dreamt of another CC ability for pvp.

Qr can just CloS it anyway <_<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Natalya said:
The reason for the change is to not make raid selection ever based on race, whatever race you pick and go PVP with yourself, that's your own choice, so a selective PVP ability makes alot more sense than a selective PVE ability.

Now they just need to fix that insane Tauren 5% health bonus.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Bit undecided on those pallie changes. They're getting some nice buffs, but at the same time, they're imo nerfing SoC and whatnow by removing the benefit from +spell. I realize why they're doing it, but come on. ALL pieces of palading gear has either +heal or +spell. This kinda makes all +spell plate more of a prot pallie thing, as it really won't be very usefull I'd assume (?) for a ret noob.... So what now? Ret's gotta poach arms/fury gear? I don't want my pallie to look like a warrior thankyouverymuch.... Not to mention the +spell enchant on my Destiny. That'll be even MORE useless now ><

/edit: Oh and pvp trinkets for badges? That's kinda.. oO They should put S2 on badge vendor, would save me lots of annoying arenaing ;p

Wilandra

Sep 28, 2005
Nelf priests also get a nice pvp buff as elune's grace will be changed to a 20% hit chance reduction for all melee and ranged attacks for 15 secs :)

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Joyma said:
The reason for the change is to not make raid selection ever based on race, whatever race you pick and go PVP with yourself, that's your own choice, so a selective PVP ability makes alot more sense than a selective PVE ability.
Ye, but didn't they say earlier that they would not be making any more heavily fear based encounters? So why even give fear ward to every priest now? Unless of course, they decided to go another way all of a sudden and will be basing a lot of new encounters on fear type effects. As things are right now, I would prefer an ability that is always useful when soloing or pvp'ing over something that is useful once a week in pve.

And yes, whatever race you choose is your own choice. But then again, this ability didn't exist when all of us rolled our characters. So, I just don't think it's fair suddenly giving some players something really good just based on what race they are. Racial abilities should simply be something "nice to have", or something occasionally useful, not something that can totally change your gameplay experience imho.

If this goes live like this, I hope it gets a 1 hr cooldown and is not useable in shadowform at least.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Looking at this thread...lvl'ing might become fun again :D

Leveling Improvements for Patch 2.3

As many of you already know we've been working on changes designed to improve various aspects of leveling for those making their way to level 60. These improvements, available in patch 2.3 will come in many forms and should significantly contribute to a more fluid and enjoyable leveling experience .

The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60. Please note that when the patch is released, characters affected by this change will remain at their current level percentage. For example, if a character had exactly 50% of the current level's total experience before this change went into effect, the character would still have exactly 50% of the current level's total experience; only now fewer points would be needed to level.

Questing plays a very large role in World of Warcraft, especially while leveling and we felt that improvements to this front were necessary as well. Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60. Additionally, many outdoor elite mobs will become non-elites, making many quests which were previously too difficult or required a group much easier and offer the same rewards (in some cases better!). A good example of this change would be Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands, which will become a solo friendly environment when patch 2.3 goes live.

We've also added approximately 60 new quests in Dustwallow Marsh. This should help players who find themselves lacking quests in the 30-40 range. The Steamwheedle Cartel is building the new town of Mudsprocket in south-west Dustwallow Marsh, so you'll have to wait until construction is complete to learn more about these changes.

We're making other improvements to pre-bc leveling dungeons that players will likely find most agreeable. The level range for most every dungeon is being adjusted so that there is a much smaller range between the level of mobs found early in the dungeon to those found towards the end. For example, Shadowfang Keep is currently designed for levels 18-25 which means that right now, players who are towards the bottom of that range (18) will find it nearly impossible to complete the dungeon, while players towards the top of the range (25) will find most of the dungeon trivial. Using our new model (similar to what you'll notice with Burning Crusade leveling dungeons), Shadowfang Keep is being retuned for levels 18-21.

We also want to make running a leveling up dungeon more worth while. In addition to increasing quest experience for dungeon quests, we're also upgrading all pre-bc dungeon boss drops to blue quality items. Some examples are listed below:

Ragefire Chasm
Robe of Evocation old: +3 Stamina, + 4 Intelligence
Robe of Evocation new: +4 Stamina, +5 Intelligence, and +5 Spell Critical Strike Rating

Deadmines
Smite's Reaver old: +2 Strength, +1 Stamina, +1 Spirit, 11.1 dps
Smite's Reaver new: +2 Strength, +3 Stamina, +2 Hit Rating, 14.5 dps

Shadowfang Keep
Robes of Arugal old: +3 Agility, +5 Stamina, +9 Intelligence, +10 Spirit
Robes of Arugal new: +3 Spirit, +5 Stamina, +9 Intelligence, +12 Spell Damage

As you can see there is much in-store for the next major content patch, particularly a number of changes designed to benefit players who are leveling a character. Though we've given you a few examples of the things to come, we think everyone will pleasantly surprised when they see the full extent of the changes discussed above.