Some 2.3 Class stuff

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
A few new class stuff for 2.3

Hunters:
There are quite a few changes in 2.3 for all classes, even Hunters. They're not all nerfs even!

For example, Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap and Explosive Trap are going to gain additional damage based on ranged attack power. I think everyone enjoys scaling.

Well it's not going to hit everything you want, but we are planning to change Wyvern Sting so that it will be instant cast.

Ok, well you got me, I was trying to find a better place to discuss this and the reasoning but I'll just post it and I'll try my best to provide information on why the change is being made.

Arcane Shot (ranks 6+) will dispel 1 magic effect in addition to the normal damage.

Mage
It's called Ritual of Refreshment and will allow players to pick up their own stacks of food/water, similar to a Soulwell.

Damage coefficient reduction removed from Improved Fireball/Frostbolt.

It's been a while since I've asked, but I don't believe any sweeping Spirit based changes are planned for 2.3. I'll have to check. They're still planned, but I believe it's for a patch after 2.3.

It may not matter for much longer though as we're changing Evocation in 2.3 to instead restore 15% of your total mana every 2 seconds, instead of being a Spirit-based mana regen increase.

Rogue
Kalgan: Yeah Drysc, what is it? Tell us!

Drysc:Do you mean the amazing change to Shadowstep so that it can now be used at any time, not only while stealthed? In addition, after use of Shadowstep threat caused by the next Ambush, Garrote or Backstab will be reduced by 50%. The cooldown will however be increased to 40 seconds.

Also on the Subtlety front is a change to Dirty Deeds so that it will also be increasing damage of special attacks by 10/20% against targets that are below 35% health.

We're also taking a look at bumping up Hemorrhage a bit, but no details yet on what that may be.

Kalgan:Fleet Footed will now be a 15% speed increase instead of 8%.

Drysc:I'm glad you asked, we actually have some changes coming in 2.3 for Deadly Throw. The speed at which it travels is being increased significantly, so it will reach your target much faster, and the snare duration is being increased slightly. One second longer if I remember correctly.

- Blind will no longer require a reagent. It will also be changed to a ranged physical attack, will share the same diminish category as Cyclone, and diminish in PvE as well as PvP. It will no longer be considered a poison.

Priest
There are quite a few things. Some I've already mentioned in another post. What I haven't mentioned yet is in the below. Please be aware that these things aren't going to add up to a big overhaul on any particular class. These are just some changes that we think will be beneficial to the game, balance, and the future development of them.

In addition to what I didn't mention, Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing and Holy Nova (healing effect) will gain additional benefit from damage and healing bonuses.

Circle of Healing is having a change to the base amount of healing though, and will be reduced but it will have the increase in the bonus it receives from bonus healing effects. So if you have more than 1338 healing, you'll see it heal for more. Less than that, you will see a reduction. Please keep in mind that these numbers could change on further testing but this is where we are as of right now for the patch.

Paladin
Well along with a few other Ret changes we're putting the benefits of Improved Seal of the Crusader right into the base spell, and the talent will instead give the benefit of Sanctified Crusader. That of course means Sanctified Crusader needs something else, and it's being renamed Sanctified Seals, which will increase your change to critically hit will all spells and melee by 1/2/3% and reduces the chance your Seals can be dispelled by 33/66/100%.

Shaman
- Frost shock no longer subject to diminishing returns.
- Shamanistic Rage will also reduce all damage taken by 30% for its 30 second duration.
- Spirit Weapons will also reduce melee threat by a total of 30% rather than 15%. This is intended to affect both white and yellow damage.
- Two-handed weapons will be trainable
- Replacing the two-handed weapon talent will be Elemental Focus, which places the shaman in a "focused state" after landing a melee critical strike. The focused state will reduce the mana cost of the shaman's next shock spell by 60%.
- Mental Quickness will also add 10/20/30% of your AP to your +damage/healing.
- New relics to be added which will support all talent trees (includes Druids and Paladins)

Warlock
The one thing I can give you for the next patch right now is that there is a change for Ritual of Souls which will significantly reduce the time to cast and complete it. - LOL

Druid
- Intensity increased to 10/20/30%
- New Idols

Warrior
t may also simplify things a bit to when we make Devastate combine the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect and be affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor. We plan to make this happen in 2.3.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
So..

Hunters get a dispell shot that does dmg
Rogues get charge, non-dispellable blind (for druids atleast), and even more damage
Shaman get no diminishing returns on FS(!), more damage, less threat, and trainable 2handers
Druids get 15% more mana regen while casting.

:mad:

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
It's called Ritual of Refreshment and will allow players to pick up their own stacks of food/water, similar to a Soulwell.

They nerfed mages :no:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Holy crap:

- Pain Suppression will be able to be cast on a friendly target and will reduce the target's threat by 5% and reduce their damage taken by 40%. The cooldown will be reduced to 2 minutes.

That makes priests 100% awesome. Oo

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Blue about Feral druids (in arenas):

I don't want to leave you guys hanging so I wanted to chime in and say that we don't have any changes planned for Feral Druids. Druids are a very strong class right now with a lot of options and we want to see how all the other changes play out before making further changes to this area of them. We are keeping an eye out on things though and will make changes in the future as appropriate.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaa.... fuck off

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
/magehump 2.3

Might have to respec fire again.....that coeff thing is like 10% more dmg

Also as B said..pain suppression rotation on stuff.....will have to watch aggro 5% more but 40% less healing ftw ^^

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Braque said:
Holy crap:

- Pain Suppression will be able to be cast on a friendly target and will reduce the target's threat by 5% and reduce their damage taken by 40%. The cooldown will be reduced to 2 minutes.

That makes priests 100% awesome. Oo
Wait what, I missed this, I thought the change to supression was planned for the expansion? :eek:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Well, I see it now, awesome, love how he introduces it like this:

I don't have any big Discipline revamps to bring you (those are liable to come in the expansion), but we can talk a little about some changes that are coming up in patch 2.3.

For instance, Pain Suppression is getting changed a bit to have more utility beyond personal use.

:mrgreen:

More priest-stuff here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778587672&sid=1, Including a spirit buff :yes:

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Here's the total list so far for 2.3..

Looks like engineering mount is going to happen >.>

2.3 Unofficial Patch Notes

Blizzard Posters have been very active on 2.3 changes, therefore a list has been compiled into patch notes which contains all blue posts related to 2.3, we added several additions to this list made by the wow community (we will keep adding new). Let us know in comments if something is missing (all new additions will be mentioned in the latest news updates).

General
•New Flying Mount added. Requires 2,000g and Exalted with Cenarion Expedition. (UP2)
•Healing Reduction effects now affect all Drain spells and abilities (i.e. Mortal Strike vs Drain Life)
•Level 20-60 Quest EXP has been increased, while EXP to Level has been decreased. (src)
•Guild Banks added to the game. (src)
•New Arena Relics have been added for more talent specs, and existing Relics have been renamed to create a more consistent naming convention. (src)
•1/3rd of +Healing will count as +Dmg (src)

Raid
•New 10-Man Raid - Zul'Aman, Zul'Aman is complete and now only needs time on the PTR. (src)
•Heroic Badges drop from Zul'aman and Karazhan bosses
•New Title - Champion of the Naaru: Awarded to those who complete the Tempest Keep attunement quest at level 70. (src)

PvP
•New daily quests targeting a random battleground each day. (UP1)
•Battlegrounds now have a buff period upon entering, and upon being resurrected at the Spirit Healer (similar to Arenas)
•New Battleground rewards: Boots, Belt, and Bracers
•Arena Weapons/Armor Ratings Requirements. (src)

Druids
•Tranquility now receives added benefits from +Damage and +Healing. (UP2)
•Cure Poison and Abolish Poison may now be cast in Tree of Life form. (src)
•Remove Curse may now be cast in Moonkin form. (src)
•Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes (src)
•Intensity increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration (src)

Hunters
•Hunters are getting 20 and 24 slot ammo pouches and quivers (UP2)
•Wyvern Sting is now instant cast. (src)
•Arcane Shot (Rank 6+) will now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to damage. (src)
•Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap, and Explosive Trap gain additional damage based on Ranged Attack Power. (src)

Mages
•10% coefficient tax removed from Improved Fireball and Improved Frostbolt. (src)
•New Spell - Ritual of Refreshment: Allows players to pick up food/water. (src)
•Evocation now restores 15% of your total mana each 2 seconds. (src)
•Arcane Meditation increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration. (src)
•Ice Barrier will receive additional benefit from +Dmg. (src)
•Ice Barrier gains additional benefit from spell damage bonuses. However, the base absorb values of ranks 5 and 6 have been reduced. (src)

Paladins
•Exorcism's mana cost has been lowered. (src)
•Holy Wrath's mana cost has been lowered. (src)
•Hammer of Wrath's mana cost has been lowered. (src)
•Vengeance has been increased to 30 seconds. (src)
•Improved Seal of the Crusader effect added to base abilitiy. (src)
•Improved Seal of the Crusader now gives the effects of Sanctified Crusader. (src)
•New Talent - Sanctified Seals: Increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and melee by 1/2/3%, and reduces the chance your Seals can be dispelled by 33/66/100%. (src)
•Crusader Strike cooldown is being reduced to 6 seconds. (src)

Priests
•New Dwarf/Draenei ability - Chastise: Causes Holy damage and incapacitates target for 2 seconds. (UP1)
•Fear Ward will now be available to all Priests at level 20. (UP1)
•Fear Ward duration reduced to 3 minutes, and cooldown increased to 3 minutes. (UP1)
•Power Word: Shield will gain additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses. Base absorb values for ranks 10, 11 and 12 have been reduced to compensate for this change. (src)
•Pain Suppresion may target Friendly targets. (src)
•Pain Suppresion reduces Friendly target's threat by 5%. (src)
•Pain Suppresion reduces Friendly target's damage taken by 40%. (src)
•Pain Suppresion cooldown reduced to 2 minutes. (src)
•Meditation increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration. (src)
•Prayer of Healing gains additional benefit from +Dmg and +Healing. (src)
•Circle of Healing gains additional benefit from +Dmg and +Healing. (src)
•Circle of Healing's base healing has been reduced. (src)
•Holy Nova (Healing only) gains additional benefit from +Dmg and +Healing. (src)

Rogues
•Fleet Footed increased to 15% speed increase
•Deadly Throw travel speed is being significantly increased. (src)
•Deadly Throw snare duration is being slightly increased by 1 second. (src)
•Deadly Throw no longer triggers Ruthlessness. (src)
•Ruthlessness now only affects melee Finishing Moves.
•Blind will no longer require a reagent. It will also be changed to a ranged physical attack, will share the same diminish category as Cyclone, and diminish in PvE as well as PvP. It will no longer be considered a poison. (src)
•Shadowstep may now be used while not in stealth. (src)
•Shadowstep reduces threat caused by your next Ambush, Garrote, or Backstab by 50%. (src)
•Shadowstep cooldown increased to 40 seconds. (src)
•Dirty Deeds increases damage of special attacks by 10/20% against targets below 35% health. (src)
•Hemorrhage has an incoming buff. (src)

Shamans
•Lightning Overload now has a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to proc. (src)
•Lightning Overload damage has been decreased by 50%. (src)
•Lightning Overload now causes 0 threat. (src)
•Mana Spring Totem now restores mana at a rate of 20 mana every 2 seconds. (src)
•Water Shield now costs 0 mana to cast, and the mana per globe has been substantially increased. (src)
•Water Shield's duration has been reduced to 1 minute, and grants mana for each globe left upon ending. (src)
•Elemental Focus will now reduce the mana cost of your next two damage spells by 40%. (src)
•Lightning Bolt casting time reduced to 2.5 seconds, and mana cost decreased. (src)
•Chain Lightning casting time reduced to 2 seconds, and mana cost decreased. (src)
•Lightning Mastery reduced to .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds. (src)
•May equip 2-Handed Axes and 2-Handed Maces without spending talent points. (src)
•New Talent - After landing a melee critical strike, your next shock spell's mana cost is reduced by 60%. (src)
•Frost Shock no longer has Diminishing Returns. (src)
•Shamanistic Rage will reduce damage taken by 30% in addition to it's current effects. (src)
•Spirit Weapons will reduce melee threat by 30%. (src)
•Mental Quickness adds 10/20/30% to +Dmg and +Healing based on your total Attack Power, in addition to it's current effects. (src)

Warlocks
•Ritual of Souls has had it's casting time significantly reduced. (src)
•Healing Reduction effects now affect all Drain spells and abilities (i.e. Mortal Strike vs Drain Life). (src)

Warriors
•Weapon Mastery has been changed to reduce the duration of Disarm effects by 25/50%. (UP1)
•Mace Specialization proc has been reduced. (src)
•Mace Specialization Rage increased to 7. (src)
•Tactical Mastery now greatly increases threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst while in Defensive Stance. (src)
•Devastate now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect, and is affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor. (src)

Engineering
•New Recipe - New Field Repair Bot: Dropped(?) by Gan'arg Analyzers in Blade's Edge Mountains. (src)
•New Field Repair Bot is able to buy/sell. (src)
•Flying Mount added for Engineers. Regular and Epic version. (src)

Cooking
•New Daily Quests. (src)
•New recipes added for fish found near Karazhan and Zul'Aman. (src)

Fishing
•Fish Tracking may be learned from a journal, fished from crates. (src)
•New fish added near Karazhan and Zul'Aman. (src)

Season 3 Arena Information
•Weapon Rating - 1850 (src)
•Shoulder Rating - 2000 (src)

Interface
•Auction House scanning will receive its own API letting you scan the whole AH every 15 minutes with any addon. (UP3)
•Mailboxes are upgraded to handle up to 12 items per mail. (UP3)

Gink

Nov 25, 2005

Eh, the weapon rating requirement i understand, and agree with, but wtf is with the shoulder requirement? oO

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hom said:
Shame about the pain suppression reducing the targets threat.
Yea, although I like the two-edged sword thing, can't blindly use it in every case :)

OP
H

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
Should be fine in most cases. Will be superb on certain boss encounters (Like kael)

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Gink said:

Eh, the weapon rating requirement i understand, and agree with, but wtf is with the shoulder requirement? oO

Now, most people have expected the weapon rating since we announced it at BlizzCon, and it's a bit lower than we had initially said, but the shoulders are obviously going to raise some questions. The shoulders for any set are commonly the most visually representative, they're the most visible at any distance, and as they allow a lot of space compared to say a leg or bracer item, we commonly take them and really create something visually impressive. We want that visually impressive item to represent what a player has achieved, and so the achievement of being a contender in the arena at a higher level will be visually distinguished. The shoulders are also average in the benefit they provide, as compared to a chest or leg item for example, and without them the set bonuses can still be completed.

M

mylamber

Nice elemental shammy stuff. Hope more healers come back so i can respec!

Looking more closely, they lowered the cast time on Lightening bolt and Chain lightening= less dmg QQ!

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Cronosone said:
Gink said:

Now, most people have expected the weapon rating since we announced it at BlizzCon, and it's a bit lower than we had initially said, but the shoulders are obviously going to raise some questions. The shoulders for any set are commonly the most visually representative, they're the most visible at any distance, and as they allow a lot of space compared to say a leg or bracer item, we commonly take them and really create something visually impressive. We want that visually impressive item to represent what a player has achieved, and so the achievement of being a contender in the arena at a higher level will be visually distinguished. The shoulders are also average in the benefit they provide, as compared to a chest or leg item for example, and without them the set bonuses can still be completed.

Kinna figured that was the reasoning, but was hoping Blizz was'nt that lame. :p

S

Stuvvie

Want to give out a slight warning so you won't get dissapointed, it's untested stuff so it might very well be changed back :) Don't get your hopes up too much! Mostly it get's worse the closer the patch day comes :err: