Keyloggers, what to know, what to do (READ)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
After being somewhat shocked to see someone in MM getting hit by a keylogger, seems this needs repeating here:

- The WoW forums have been infested by keyloggers for weeks now, and the problem will stay, posts just can't be removed that fast or efficiently.

- Do NOT use Internet Explorer, it's rubbish, and there's a FREE better alternative: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/, ideally with https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 added.

- If you still manage to hit a keylogger, change your password on a DIFFERENT computer, do not log into WoW on a possibly infected computer.

- Read this, and read it before, not after you click keylogger URLs: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=273198555&sid=1

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
make sure your browser is on the pill, but use real protection anyway

A

Alanis

Joyae said:
The WoW forums have been infested by keyloggers for weeks now, and the problem will stay, posts just can't be removed that fast or efficiently.

Joyae said:
Read this, and read it before, not after you click keylogger URLs: http://[size=7]forums.wow-europe.com[/size]/thread.html?topicId=273198555&sid=1

.... Who do you work for? :alien:

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I don't get it, but /lick anyways :yes:

Neema

May 8, 2007
Did you know Opera is free now too? :p Screw Firefox, Opera all the way!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Neema said:
I think the saying goes, a friend of my enemy is my friend ;)

K

kak

Joyae said:

But then if, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer', is also true, does that not mean your enemy is you :S. Which means we should all go kill ourselves.....yeah right. :D

K

kak

Here's a shocker for you folk, Kaka and Aelin are in fact the same person. I think doctors call it schizophrenia.

Jokes aside. I didnt give my account to anyone, Karla is that keylogger everyone seems to be talking about.

I got haxxed, I am an idiot, but I am only a Kakasaurus what the hell do you expect?!

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
kak said:
Here's a shocker for you folk, Kaka and Aelin are in fact the same person. I think doctors call it schizophrenia.

We are absolutly right.

>_>

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Joyae said:
Neema said:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" would make alot more sense.

:G

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Gink said:
Joyae said:
Neema said:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" would make alot more sense.

:G
Unless you just really want to be friends with your enemies. Maybe it's a sort of a love-hate relationship....

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
Taken from TLW board

Keyloggers 2 - Blizzard 0
link: http://www.wowinsider.com/2007...rd-employees-0/

There was a weird development on the keylogger front tonight, as Blizzard community managers Drokthul and Nethaera apparently got their accounts hacked and started posting keyloggers on the forums. And of course, because Blue posters are assumed to be trustworthy, many people clicked the links.

I personally thought the whole thing was a photoshop hoax until I read Tyren's comment, "Folks, we're definitely dealing with the issue at hand with the greatest amount of speed and care. We always appreciate our community's support when it comes to alerting us about key loggers on the forums and we hope you'll continue to do so. This is a good chance to remind our players to always check a URL before clicking on it." It sounds like Blizzard is taking this seriously. Eyonix later noted that he kind of enjoyed banning his coworkers.

Hopefully, this will help Blizzard finally do something about the keyloggers and hackers infesting this game. While I realize that it's our own responsibility to keep from getting hacked, if two Blizzard employees can get logged, it can happen to just about anyone. I clicked a keylogger link once myself, back before they became so common on the forums, but my antivirus program caught it before it could do any harm.

As Eliah posted, Blizzard is considering disabling links on the forums. While this may cause many to miss the many new "hot sex girls" and "Ashbringr secrits" that are posted on the forum daily, it may be a risk we'll have to take.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Just a little bump, since this is still happening to people left and right (not anyone in our group, currently).