Keyloggers, what to know, what to do (READ)

Neema

May 8, 2007
Use one PC/Mac for WoW and once PC/Mac for browsing/downloading, and you'll be fine. At home I have a Linux PC to browse with and a Win2k PC to play at, never had a virus on the WoW comp for 3 years or so. Well, nothing that my anti-virus and firewall has picked up anyways....

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yes...since having and using two seperate computers falls within the same lines as using safe software on one main PC :rolleyes:

Zula

Jul 3, 2007
speaking of viruses, downloaded a music file today and now i have trojan.delf =/ and my virus scanner says it cant delete it...HELP!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Stats on the DPK site:
Firefox - 77.8 %
Internet Explorer - 12%
Safari - 9.6 %
Not bad, but 12% of you is still clueless :rolleyes:

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yer, cause restarting your browser once an hour is a much bigger issue than having to format your PC or start looking for a new WoW account :rolleyes:

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Only time I've gotten a virus that made me reformat, was cause of no firewall. (Don't ask me why, cause I'm not a networking kinda guy, but we used our laptop at inlaws' house, where theres no hardware fw, and got a virus really fast. Don't think we were on any dubious websites either /shrug).

With a fw in our router, av software, and nagging in the browser turned on, I really haven't had much problem at all.

Neema

May 8, 2007
Bani said:
I would go with Firefox if it weren't for one thing in Opera that makes me stick to it:
- in browser mail function
Just love that thingy, never missing any emails ever cause I always browse the net :p And yea, I know there are addons for Firefox that does the thing, but it's not the same. <3 Opera

Conclusion:
Stick to either Firefox or Opera, _NEVER_ use IE unless it's for a special site - like my opera and firefox got some problems with my bank's webby, so I use IE for that. Also, if you're looking for a free firewall solution, I recommend Comodo, which is pretty nice - they also supply a free anti-virus, but I prefer using AVG (free) or NOD32 (pay)

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
There is an email phishing scam going on at the moment, just a reminder, so not follow links in emails requesting that you "confirm your account". The "wowmail" address is a free email hosting company, and not used by official blizzard emails. :rolleyes:

K

Kirki

Here's some handy advice i got recently on avoiding keyloggers:

- Save your passwords in a .txt file and copy-paste them, instead of actually typing.
(Not handy if ppl you don't trust have access to your pc ofc!)

- Alternatively, tab between the username and password and type them bit by bit.

- Using On-Screen Keyboard doesn't let the keylogger trace the "keys" that are pressed.
(Start->Programs->Accessories->Accessibility->OSK)