Keyloggers, what to know, what to do (READ)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Alternatively roll your face on the keyboard until you manage to get the password right? <_<

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
Joyma said:
Timely bump for the next noob.
<3 thanks!

Well at the moment i have a really bad virus in my operating system and there is no possible way to get rid of it. so i'm in trouble :cry:

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Scarce said:
Joyma said:
<3 thanks!

Well at the moment i have a really bad virus in my operating system and there is no possible way to get rid of it. so i'm in trouble :cry:
Really shocking :unsure:

Poke your local computer expert...which is your mom I believe? :p

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
Joyma said:
Scarce said:
Joyma said:
<3 thanks!

Oi i cant's afford a pc repairman! :ph34r:
besides i already know the problem i have a virus built into my operating system and i can't delete is as it starts up when the drivers start so theres no way i can remove it when booting up, no anti virus will work also due to the virus having its own protection it seems and the only way i have a chance on getting rid of it is a full hard drive wipe that im hopefully doing tomorrow.
wish me luck gonna be a boring day :cry:

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Scarce said:
Joyma said:
Scarce said:
Joyma said:
<3 thanks!

Oi i cant's afford a pc repairman! :ph34r:
besides i already know the problem i have a virus built into my operating system and i can't delete is as it starts up when the drivers start so theres no way i can remove it when booting up, no anti virus will work also due to the virus having its own protection it seems and the only way i have a chance on getting rid of it is a full hard drive wipe that im hopefully doing tomorrow.
wish me luck gonna be a boring day :cry:

Have you tried installing the HDD in a different PC as a non-boot device and removing the virus with that PC's antivir?

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Security Warning: Trojan virus on Wowhead, Thotbott & Allakhazam

There is currently a trojan virus spreading trough advertisements on Wowhead, Thottbot and Allakhazam. The advert will appear in the form of a browser highjack which grabs your front window and resizes it to fake a warning dialog.

The Wowhead team is already aware of this problem and they are trying to fix it, but it seems more difficult than intended, so they might remove advertisements completely until the issue is found.

Until then, you should consider using a different database site or add some protections to your browser (such as Noscript).

http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-11542-1.html

Bigglesworth

Apr 29, 2007
Class forum threads have been spammed by some idiot posting keyloggers. Just bumping this to say don't click them.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
"Companies that assign addresses for Web sites appear to be cutting corners on security more when they assign names in certain domains than in others, according to a report to be released Wednesday by antivirus software vendor McAfee Inc. McAfee found the most dangerous domains to navigate to are .hk, .cn, and .info. Of all .hk sites McAfee tested, it flagged 19.2 percent as dangerous or potentially dangerous to visitors; it flagged 11.8 percent of .cn sites and 11.7 percent of .info sites that way. A little more than 5 percent of the sites under the .com domain — the world's most popular — were identified as dangerous."

K

Kirki

Nope! Europe store!
Just the supply is limited, so we have to check frequently for the "Sold out" tag to be removed....
in which case, poke on forums also for people to order in time.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Jai said:
I heard you did use noscript and such, but I presume you had warcraftmovies.com on "allow", and possibly any other domains the use for ads as well.

Going to have to rewrite, Lebuff had a good tip, using Adblocker for extra safety.

I'm curious whether this keylogger would have been denied by Chrome though, in theory it shouldn't get access to write anywhere, that's the whole idea behind sandboxing the browser.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I just realized, how do people get hacked so easily anyways, a keylogger wouldn't be able to guess your account name, or are people really dumb enough to have a character named after their account name? <_<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I think some keyloggers are capable of screenshotting the login screen. Otherwise they wouldn't be that successful.