England

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
I love it when people see a match or two, and think they know better than the coach who has years of experience in the very top levels, and work and train closely with these players.

There`s a reason you don`t understand what the coach does, it`s cause you don`t fucking know better. :p

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
And today's message was: "LOL GO HOME BRITANNIA". :van:

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I love it when people see a match or two, and think they know better than the coach who has years of experience in the very top levels, and work and train closely with these players.

There`s a reason you don`t understand what the coach does, it`s cause you don`t fucking know better. :p

When even the TV pundits (including 2 of Englands best players ever) are saying 'what the fuck is he doing' you know theres a problem. Capello is just being stubborn (as ALAN FUCKING SHERAWR himself said) by sticking to his own principles and refusing to play our two best players in positions that would actually compliment each other perfectly.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Ah! What's happened to your avatar, Face? X_X Why do they keep getting white backgrounds? I'm sure yours used to be transparent..

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ah! What's happened to your avatar, Face? X_X Why do they keep getting white backgrounds? I'm sure yours used to be transparent..

They really don't automatically change, he must have added a white one. Link the transp one here and I can easily change it.

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
i think its balls to blame the manager..why?

well from all the qualifying campaigns that all the teams had, england was one of the teams with the highest goal tally (and this time we did play some decent teams too not just crap like azabaijhan or some other goat country).During this time Fabio became Don Fabio to the english fans.

now you tell me, how can the same team, with the same players, same tactics perform so poorly? Fact is, players like rooney, lampard etc are just highly paid pieces of dog shite, that rather play for their clubs than their country. we see it day in day out in the premier league,champions league, where rooney demolishes some of the worlds best defenders. yet he couldnt handle fredrich/metasacker (SP) from all the german squad they are the most suspect, the weak links in the chain.

having said that...i dont think england deserved to go thro the group stage. The easiest group and they qualify by scoring 2 goals? if i had my way, id send the lot to a glue factory.

Germany deserved the win by a big margin. i also hoped that we lost 4-0 instead of getting a consolation goal.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
the players shit out, simple as.

they had the chance, and had all the potential to go on to put a decent world cup campaign, and they bottled it. pressure was too much for em.

people are now lookin for excuses as to why we did it, when simply put - we didn't perform as well as we should of done.

either that or the vuvuzelas put us off.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
On a related note but many times more awesome. The English big brother house beat the German house at a penalty shoot out, remember we have a guy with no legs aswell.

Sedona

Feb 1, 2009
I was saddened by the match yesterday not because England lost, they were clearly outplayed by Germany but by the fact that a game played on such a high level still depends on human beings to make life changing decisions. If the goal England made would have been counted would that have made a difference? In the long run probably not however it would have made the match more exciting because they would have had more confidence and not had such an uphill climb.

It also fascinates me to watch how England always turns on each other when things get rough. Instead of sticking together, they always seem to split apart and play the blame game. No doubt the teams that play against them just need to push a few buttons and whalla!

And yes even though I am American I love to watch football!!!!!

Atarix

sup fresh
Nov 3, 2008
i think its balls to blame the manager..why?

Even though the players played horribly half of his decisions were diabolical aswell, for example in the Germany game he brings off Defoe (who was our only striker to even score the entire tournament) and replaces him with Heskey (who has a scoring record of 7 goals in 60 games.....), when Rooney did nothing the entire game (arguably the entire tournament). Why was Peter Crouch only given like 10 minutes playing time the entire tournament?

He may have had successful previous results, but he didn't do anything special for England at all

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
To be fair, we had a similar situation with the German trainer. He was getting criticized for putting in Klose and Podolski who sucked before the WC but once they started scoring he somehow was their hero again. If they had not scored, he would have been the scape goat again. That's just how it is to be the trainer of the national team, for pretty much any country. The English trainer probably expected something similar from Rooney but he gambled wrong. Happens.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
You mean manager?

I always lol at how the German bench dress exactly the same (no not the players, the manager and his assistants)