AoC - The riddle of steel and pixel nipples

Fuurinji

Oct 22, 2005
i will be trying it at least, can always go with u, tho wow is main game ....... i´m too much into it ;;_;;

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Karla said:
i will be trying it at least, can always go with u, tho wow is main game ....... i´m too much into it ;;_;;

Are you talking about AoC or cheating on your girl? <_<

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Karla said:
Cool. The more the merrier. Just have to coordinate which server to go on when the game goes live. And I'm not really expecting this to replace WoW for anyone. I'll probably come back to WoW sooner or later myself. I just like to try out different games. See what they're like. I even secretly cheated on WoW by trying LotRO and Tabula Rasa when they were new.

Fuurinji

Oct 22, 2005
Ayu said:
Karla said:

Are you talking about AoC or cheating on your girl? <_<

well, now that's a good question lololol i will choose the first one, the AoC talking. >_>

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Natalya said:
Karla said:
Cool. The more the merrier. Just have to coordinate which server to go on when the game goes live. And I'm not really expecting this to replace WoW for anyone. I'll probably come back to WoW sooner or later myself. I just like to try out different games. See what they're like. I even secretly cheated on WoW by trying LotRO and Tabula Rasa when they were new.
And how were those 2 games?

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Punchy said:
Gink said:
I don't lie >_>

Has your honesty led to any physical injuries? :mrgreen:

I have had the contents of a ashtray thrown in my face once (which is quite disgusting, and it does sting), but can't recall any physical injuries per say.

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Joyma said:
And how were those 2 games?
Tabula Rasa was pretty weak. Seemed like an interesting idea but it just didn't really work out. Combat controls like a first person shooter (WASD+mouseaim), yet whether you hit or miss or how much damage you do depends on your attributes. So you sort of have to point your gun in the general direction of the mob but the actual outcome is still dictated by invisible dice rolls. But the biggest flaw is that it really was not revolutionary in any way. Turns out a unique setting and some strange alien language created by Sir Richard Garriot was not enough to hide the fact that it's still a mediocre mmorpg at heart.

Lotro, on the other hand, was pretty good. It relies on the same old tried and tested formulas of it's predecessors . Some things work better in Lotro than in WoW, most don't. I think it would have been a great mmorpg if WoW had never been released. As it is, I did enjoy playing it for a while but at the same time, I kept asking myself why aren't I playing WoW instead? It's good but just not quite as polished as WoW. Lacks proper endgame content and decent pvp, although these are slowly improving with every new patch. In Lotro the emphasis is on story and Tolkien lore, so if you're really into that stuff then it's probably a really great game for you. Other than that, nothing really new and exciting to see here.

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
So far it's pretty frickin' sweet. My 3-week summer holiday starts today. Guess I'll be spending most of that in Hyboria. :cube:

It's a holiday in Hyboria!
It's tough kid, but it's life.
It's a holiday in Hyboria!
Don't forget to pack a knife.

Fuurinji

Oct 22, 2005
Obviously, what i said in the other thread applies to AoC too, havent even tried the game yet....... fking exams :s