xbox 360

OP
M

mufassa

Official press release about the overheating and other issues:

"The vast majority of Xbox 360 owners are having an outstanding experience with their new systems."

"We

OP
D

Daggstar

all i can say is OMFGWTFBBQ!

Description - Xbox 360 Console - Premium Pack
Status - Being Picked
Despatch Date - Today

OP
J

Job

Daggstar said:
all i can say is OMFGWTFBBQ!

Description - Xbox 360 Console - Premium Pack
Status - Being Picked
Despatch Date - Today

Yeah totally BBQ!

OP
D

Daggstar

just have to say that got my 360 on Friday and over this weekend have played some srious PGR3 and Kameo (and a bit of FIFA).

PGR3 in particular is class, is fantastic to watch and highly addictive with its little challenges and the fact that you can see how you are doing compared to everyone else as it connects to put you on a global league.

Kameo is great and managed to be easyto leanr but with a lot of subtelties that really make it a cracking game - it is also very pretty!

Fifa is Fifa, but prettier and a good laugh for 2 ppl (havent tried single player yet)

The online component is very well integrated and the mp3 streaming and visualiser is very cool

Overall I am very chuffed :D

It has, howeer, severly cut into my WoW time this weekend :p

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
@Daggstar:
PGR3 is class? Not sure about your standards, but I found it "ok" looking and the gfx/polygon errors (espcially in the windows) got on my nerves once you spotted them....

At least it's not as bad as Perfect Dark Zero.... Tearing all over the place, shadows having a 0.5-1 second delay (how can someone screw THAT up?)....

Oh well, everyone to it's own.... and good thing the stock problems will be solved as soon as they ship back the units that collect dust in Japan now after a horrible launch this weekend 8)

OP
D

Daggstar

Blozzom said:
@Daggstar:
PGR3 is class? Not sure about your standards, but I found it "ok" looking and the gfx/polygon errors (espcially in the windows) got on my nerves once you spotted them....

At least it's not as bad as Perfect Dark Zero.... Tearing all over the place, shadows having a 0.5-1 second delay (how can someone screw THAT up?)....

Oh well, everyone to it's own.... and good thing the stock problems will be solved as soon as they ship back the units that collect dust in Japan now after a horrible launch this weekend 8)

I must admit on PGR there is a slight annoyance with the AA on the car roof, but overall I am really happy with it. I think because it is my first racing game for years I am enjoying it far mroe as I have skipped a console generation. I think gameplaywise it has the right mix of realism and "pick-up-and-play". Also I love driving round london and seeing all the places that I recognise and have walked, been on bus, run aorund etc.

As to PD0 I am leaving FPS to my PC until I can use a mouse and keyboard on the 360.

If you havent tried Kameo you really should give it a go - really good fun

Also you playing on HD screen properly set up? I was disapoointed with it with jaggies etc. and then i realised that the video cable by default doesnt come on the HD setting

Daggstar

OP
J

Job

Tip of the day:
DO NOT TURN YOUR XBOX WITH PGR 3 IN IT.....

While i was playing PGR 3 at a friends house, he wanted to show me that the lights of the xbox are actually turning with your xbox (so that the top left quarter always stays the top left quarter of the circle of light)......
so he turned his xbox -while i was playing- and we heard this:
Grrrrrrgggghhhhrrrrrgggggggrggrrrrr
Immediatly turned off the xbox, checked the dvd. Apperently the whole dvd was grinded into a fan or something, there was a chunk out of the dvd and there were big crosses on it....
Fortunately the store where he got the game would trade it for a new one.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Speaking of games, I just played Tekken 5 in Arcade Mode and I defeated some dude called "O'Reily ;)".

OH RLY is everywhere! :p