Teaser's

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
i'm gonna think outside the box and say 0 on the off chance that the shop next door is also a shoe shop! 2 shoe shops close to each other is very common!

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Lonei said:
No scarce, care to elaborate ayu?

He took her 50 note and broke it into real monneh and kept 30 for the shoes. Gave back 20 real. Then he has to give the shopkeeper another 50 back so he gives him the 30 and another 20 and comes out with a loss of 20. But he also lost the shoes which are worth 30, but now that I think about it they were paid for with real money so it doesn't count.

So it's either 20 or 50. I think I'll go with 20. <_<

OP
Damonkey

Damonkey

Mar 10, 2009
For 1k again but merlijn cant win again.
A man lives on the 16th floor in an apartment block. Every day on his way to work he takes the lift to the ground floor and goes to work. On his way home he takes the lift to 12th floor and walks the rest of the way why?

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
ow i know this! Coz he's short and cant reach the elevator button for the 16th floor, u forgot the part were he can reach it only when it rains=(

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What does "he takes the live" mean? Don't think I know that saying. <_<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Also, that riddle sucks. :< There are elevators that don't go from 0 to 20 (or whatever) in one column but use 2 or more columns making this kinda moot. :Q

OP
Damonkey

Damonkey

Mar 10, 2009
Scarce said:
ow i know this! Coz he's short and cant reach the elevator button for the 16th floor, u forgot the part were he can reach it only when it rains=(
Correct answer 1k in the post :) HMM maybe tht was a bit easy :(

OP
Damonkey

Damonkey

Mar 10, 2009
Try this 1 hopefully more of a challenge however scarce nor merlijn can win.
Arrange the ten digits 0 to 9 in three arithmetical sums, using three of the four operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and using no signs except the ordinary ones implying those operations. Here is an example to make it quite clear (note that the example is not correct):

3 + 4 = 7 9 - 8 = 1 5 X 6 = 30