Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Hope lots of people buy the game also so Silent Hill does't turn into Silent Till
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Oh, for our American friends: This is out now in the US for PSP and PS2. Enjoy.

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
This is OUT NOW in the UK and presumably across Europe. BUY IT.

PSP, Wii, and PS2. Go go go!

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I could translate it live and record it, much prefer that over typing, faster as well, that cool?

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Joyma said:
I could translate it live and record it, much prefer that over typing, faster as well, that cool?

That would be fucking amazing Joy, you would be a hero here. xD

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Tweakers.net:

In Shattered Memories, gamers get to play as Harry Mason, a normal man on his way to Silent Hill with his daughter Cheryl. In the middle of the night, Harry loses control and his car crashes into a tree. When he regains conscience Cheryl has disappeared and Harry goes looking for his girl in the dark armed with only a flash light (torch?). Sounds familiar? 11 years ago Harry Mason, the protagonist from the first Silent Hill undergoes the same adventure.

Tested on: Wii and available for PS2, PSP (Different version)

When Harry 11 years ago avoided a little girl and drove his car off the road this happened on the original Playstation. Shatered Memories, which is anything but a remake of the previously named classic, introduces the survival horror series on Wii. This in addition too the unique controlling system of Nintendo's console brings some changes to the well known games. Challenges and puzzles, navigating through snowy streets of Silent Hills, it all happens with the Wii-mote and Nunchuk, and this in an amusing manner. The differences aren't limited to the new controlling. For the first time in the series you can't use a weapon, but you do have access to a multifunctional cellphone. Ontop of this the game creates a psychological profile of the player, which will be used against him or her.

Analyze this

It's very clear that Shattered Memories brings several changes before the warning that the player will be scanned psychological. The warning ends with "This game plays you as much as you play it".In the chair of psychiatrist Kaufman the profile will be started based on 7 weird questions. During the adventure, the player will encounter several more psychic tests which, in addition to the choices made in the first questions, determine how the game will end. There's a total of 5 different endings, how heavy the profile weighs on the end of the game you'll have to discover by playing the game again and changing your answers.

Roughly.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
If Joy's doing this I'll let him do it, probably better then my quick rambling.

DeSoto

Jul 9, 2007
nice audiobookreview there :)
getting my copy in the morning.... ... tho ill probably wait with playing till midnight-ish :D

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Tweakers.net review is done now Braque, will do the other after lunch :)

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Thank you very much Joy, really is appreciated.

In related news, so, who in the raid pool is within "going out for a drink" distance of North London / Cambridge? PM me if you're free this coming Saturday.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
I'll be within that distance in the near future..... I'll PM you by that time :D
(friend of mine is doing an internship at Cambridge Uni second half of this year)

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Awesome reviews Braque, so jealous of you. ^^ Wish I could get a job like yours one day!

Anyway wtb Wii/PS to get this game, way too curious now. :p

DeSoto

Jul 9, 2007
Just finished this game in one go.
Was awesome.

Maybe tomorrow night ill go hunt another ending.... and some ufo's :D