Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
There are lots of posters of it in my local game shop. Nice to see something advertised that deserves it.

Congratulations on all the great reviews.

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Aston said:
There are lots of posters of it in my local game shop. Nice to see something advertised that deserves it.

Congratulations on all the great reviews.

Can you post (or PM) pics? We've not seen any of the Point Or Sale material. :(

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
Sure, not sure when I will be heading into town next but when I do I will take some for you.

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
They filmed Deliverance not far from here so that says it all :shy:

Lonei

Shitpenis
Aug 7, 2008
Congrats Braque, can I name drop you in conversations so I can look more popular at work plx?!

Cronocious said:
it still amazes me just how much nintendo can milk mario and zelda :/
I've not been bored by a new mario/zelda game yet, if you have then your brain is stupid.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Aston said:
They filmed Deliverance not far from here so that says it all :shy:

Woah awesome. Great movie, can I come visit you and see the sites? :D

And btw, was that little village real, or did they build it for the movie? Is it still there? xD

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
I know where the river and gorge they used is but I am not sure about the little town. I think it may have been Sylva where they also filmed the train wreck from The Fugitive close by but I am not certain. I will have to go check it out. Evil Dead was also filmed just down the road but no-one other than Hom seems to care about horror movies :(

But yeah, MM meet in canoes sounds great :D

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
95% -> http://www.destructoid.com/review-silen .... 7608.phtml

Which is extra fantastic, not only 'cos it's a high review score, but since it also drags the metacritic score back up into the "green" (there's been a few really bad reviews dragging the average down). Actually the score spread, statistically speaking, is straight up mental. But ignore the haters. ;)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Seems I got through lol.

Joy T gave it a10:
Amazing game, from start to finish it kept me entertained to no end. It must have some incredibly talented developers!

But someone else voted 0 to counteract "fanboyism" :D

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Gombur said:
Can you play this without having played any other Silent Hill games?

Yes. It is a retelling of the basic premise of Silent Hill 1, but all new. Theres lots of references to the other games in the series "for the fans", but it works as a self contained stand alone game in it's own right.