Programming practice

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Impossible to make since I can't think like a woman and I tend to keep it that way xD

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Should see her ask me to magically fix her computer through text messages <_<

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Jazende said:
Make one that predicts who will get chainhealed depending on target (check people in range of first person, lowest health, repeat).

Gogo.

When will it be done?
Can it also say how much healing, overhealing it will do?
Can it solve world hunger?
Does it slap people in the face?

WHY ISN'T IT READY?

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
How about a simple tooltip mod, that lets you set the values of different stats, then shows a sum value for each item, making item comparison fast and easy, for any class?
That way, if a patch changes the value of Agi, I can just change it's weight, and get the right stuffs ^^
Just a simple "Rating: XXXX" in the item tooltip, and a settingsthing in Blizz's interface options where you set the weights.
(There are mods that show you stuff, but afaik none you can set the weights yourself? And they're often filled with other things I have no use for.)
/edit: Oh, and maybe have a toggle for gems/enchants like RB ^^

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Jazende said:
Jazende said:
Make one that predicts who will get chainhealed depending on target (check people in range of first person, lowest health, repeat).

Gogo.

When will it be done?
Can it also say how much healing, overhealing it will do?
Can it solve world hunger?
Does it slap people in the face?

WHY ISN'T IT READY?

Problem atm the moment is the fact that it doesn't seem to be able to create a radius around anything else but yourself. Therefor it's not possible to check who is in 12,5y radius of your target. So unless someone has a way for this or an alternate suggestion on how to get around this issue it's simply impossible due to blizzard's engine.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Braque said:
Triangulation.
That would work if you could actually get a direction as well as a distance....... I don't think Blizz gives you a direction.....

The only other option would be to have the entire raid have the addon installed and communicating with the addon from the first target.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
You should tell blizzard to implement satellite's.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Some addons can approximate the range by using their own spell range indicators. It is quite rough because most of the time you can only differentiate between melee range (<8 yards), medium range (>8-10 pr >8-20, I think Bandages go a slightly less than 20 yards range), long range (30-40, most abilities fall under this) and maximum range >41.

Dunno if that helps.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
hmm, i would have to agree with croga that the only logical way to make this work is to have everyone install it, although as everyone in the raid has dbm (bigwigs?) installed which includes its own range finder any chance you could leech off that?