Programming practice

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Hey folks,

since I'm considering to switch from my current job to becoming a game programmer I would like some suggestions on an addon you would like to have. Nothing too complicated please so I can start it easily but if there's something you would like an addon to do for you I'll look in to it and see if I'm able to make it. It might take some time to figure out but once I get the hang of it I should be able to produce some more advanced things over time.

Merl

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Make one that predicts who will get chainhealed depending on target (check people in range of first person, lowest health, repeat).

Gogo.

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Sounds doable. Do you happen to know if the game checks range and health when the cast starts or when it lands?

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
nvmd.. thinking of making something in the lines of a little box with the 3 or 4 names that the chainheal will hit which refreshes every 0.1 sec during the cast and see if it's possible to predict the amount of how much the heal will hit for on each target.

can't wait to be able to make this :D

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Its calculated when it lands merlin, but its handy to see a prediction of who'll be healed by it when you start casting.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
any chance you can make a litle bit of code that when i make a raid or become leader of a raid it automatically sets loot to ML, not very exciting compared to Best Buddy's i know :<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cronocious said:
any chance you can make a litle bit of code that when i make a raid or become leader of a raid it automatically sets loot to ML, not very exciting compared to Best Buddy's i know :<
Already exists.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
To get the real professional-game-programmer experience, Best Buddy should be asking when it'll be finished already. And changing what he wants it to do.

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I'm learning how to administer projects with RUP right now. Maybe I should take charge of this :D

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
The only "problem" i'm running into atm is that I don't know yet (and if it's even possible) to get your target's position and if you're able to check a range radius on anything other then yourself. Will do some research and see where I end up ;)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Improving the auctioning addon would be nice btw, but can imagine a fresh project is more interesting.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
I have a tiny very simple request.....

When I'm herbing I'd like to get a message on screen and maybe a sound played whenever I get a Frost Lotus. Makes it all that tiny bit more exciting :)

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
I would like an addon that Colour Codes my Dresses with my Pets,

I shall give u the list of pets and dresses you are able to use, and u can update as i aquire more.

If you colour code it incorrectly you shall be given a lecture as to why that pet does not go with that outfit, and told to recheck every dress/pet match you have made.

you have Exactly 2 days starting from Now!

Good Luck! <3 <3 :rolleyes:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Scarce said:

I shall give u the list of pets and dresses you are able to use, and u can update as i aquire more.

If you colour code it incorrectly you shall be given a lecture as to why that pet does not go with that outfit, and told to recheck every dress/pet match you have made.

See that's more like real game development. :yes:

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
I'm a pro at it. Give me an hour and i'll start complaining why the developer is late, despite giving him 2 days

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Braque said:
Scarce said:

See that's more like real game development. :yes:

Isn't it just being "female"? <_<