MOVIES

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
U-Turn, Sean Penn, Billy-Bob Thornton and Nick Nolte, early appearances by Claire Danes, Jennifer Lopez and Joaquin Phoenix, directed by Oliver Stone. Yuz..

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Darren Aronofsky is an incredible director and The Fountain is a beautiful proof of this - it's also incredibly deep and I'll be the first to admit I didn't get it completly the first time around, he's also made The Wrestler and Requiem for Dream

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Aelin said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Darren Aronofsky is an incredible director and The Fountain is a beautiful proof of this - it's also incredibly deep and I'll be the first to admit I didn't get it completly the first time around, he's also made The Wrestler and Requiem for Dream
also, amazing soundtracks!

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Bani said:
also, amazing soundtracks!

yes! But watch the movie before you listen to the soundtrack, otherwise it'll steal the mood when you can id the tracks

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
The Wrestler was actually pretty good, if they'd made the latest Rocky movie like that it would've been cool.
And Marisa Tomei is as hawt as ever :kiss:

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Gink said:
The Wrestler

This

Other good ones I've watched recently include

You, me and everyone we know
Little miss sunshine (Michael Scott gives a amazing performance in it)
In Bruges

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
"And I realized, fuck man, maybe that's what hell is: the entire rest of eternity spent in fuckin' Bruges"

No one's mentioned "Thank you for smoking" yet?

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Cba going through all..... SIn City!

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
I've been getting into Korean movies lately, mainly because of "A Bittersweet Life" which completly awe struck me. Recommend it if you need an action noir fix. The director seems pretty diverse and I'm looking forward to the release of his next film "The Good, The Bad, The Weird".

Also, I was watching the movie Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, I'd only recommend the movie to someone who really needs to feel depressed, no really a seriously seriously SRSLY major downer, I got 45 minutes in before I called it quit. But hey DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, TRY IT NOW.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus
[youtube:n8rzqui3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o[/youtube:n8rzqui3]

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Just spent the evening rewatching 'Born on the Fourth of July', still a good movie. I'm not really any into Tom Cruise much at all (tho he has some good movies), but he's damn good in it.