MOVIES

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Donnie Darko, and spend the remaining 6 hours thinking about it >_>

(I only enjoy weird movies, so Iäm probably the wrong person to answer this.)

(If you want a good zombie flick download REC + subtitles ^^)

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Fight Club is the bestestestest movie EVER MADE. But to go with unmentioned titles:

Layer Cake
Real Genius (Because it's so geeky in such a great way)
Stranger than Fiction
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (HOW COME NO ONE HAS YET TO SAY THIS MOVIE?)
Hero/Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon/House of Flying Daggers/Fearless (all great movies, but very similiar, Fearless sticks out in terms of improved action awesomeness)
SHAWHANK REDEMPTION
They call me Trinity/Trinity is still my name (<3 Bud Spencer/Terence Hill, soooo cheesy)
Office Space!
The Big Lebowski
Dodgeball
The Dark Knight/The Prestige/Memento/Batman Begins (Christopher Nolan <3)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (<3 RDJ)
Tombstone!
Clerks 1 & 2
Collateral (Because Jamie Foxx is a damn good actor)
Nearly all Adam Sandler comedies (Longest Yard, Billy Madison, Mr Deeds, Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy, Anger Management etc.)
The Departed
Unbreakable
Pirates of the Caribbean

Oh oh, and ultimate cheesy movie awesome ever, which is the main reason Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors: Hudson Hawk

PS: I don't know how to count

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Santur said:

Time travel is cool and smurfs cant fuck. Whats there to think about for 6 hours?

If you really want weird watch Gozu, if you can make sense of that after one watch i'll buy you a Dr Pepper, if not feel free to ask me why (4 watches!)

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Careface said:
Santur said:

Time travel is cool and smurfs cant fuck. Whats there to think about for 6 hours?

If you really want weird watch Gozu, if you can make sense of that after one watch i'll buy you a Dr Pepper, if not feel free to ask me why (4 watches!)
Hater, I only wrote that cause I couldn't be arsed to make a long list :D

If you don't mind looking at foreign movies check out Songs from the Second Floor, one of the few Swedish movies I actually like!

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Santur said:

(I only enjoy weird movies, so Iäm probably the wrong person to answer this.)

(If you want a good zombie flick download REC + subtitles ^^)

For headfuck: Memento
For zombies: Evil Dead III Army of Darkness

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Braque said:
For zombies: Evil Dead III Army of Darkness

Groovy

As I'm still drunk icba reading this thread and just want to say that Boondock Saints is fucking awesome. So is your mums. Booooyakasha!

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
A lot of good stuff been named, and again Hom shows he's a weird old geezer :hi: (as in, his list was good, but him not liking previous lists)

Am into all the corny stuff really (Die hard, Matrix, Batman, X-men, Blade, and so on) :yes:

Anyways, some that haven't been named and aren't too obvious:

- Lost in translation (I love Scarlet, and the movie just manages to say so much without mentioning it)
- Equilibrium (great action, Maxtrix style)
- Man on Fire (also somewhat unknown, Dakota Fanning and good old Denzel)
- The Station Agent (can't really explain this, just a good Sundance-movie)
- Garden State (same)
- Waiting (hilarious at times, why can't they make more like these instead of shit like Zohan and White Castle)
- Syriana (a lot of people found this boring, but I like political action thrillers)
- Band of Brothers (obviously not a movie, but spend a day on this, you wont regret it)
- Ray (as Aelin said, good music as well)
- 51st State (didn't someone mention this? ah well, a la Snatch, Lock Stock)
- The Constant Gardener (see Syriana)
- Closer (sexual tension dripping off the screen, awesome cast)
- Stardust (great fantasy feel-good movie, and it has an awesome De Niro performance)

Probably missed a lot, seen a pretty insane amount of movies, but I generally dislike old stuff (the Sting was awesome though). I'm also spoiled and don't watch movies unless I can find a good DVD, not just a rip <_<

Did spot a few I haven't seen in previous posts, will check it out when I can :yes:

Edit: Oh almost forgot: Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain!

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Prince of Darkness
The Thing (John Carpenter)
30 Days of Night
2001 A Space Odyssey
Equilibrium (Already mentioned, but awesome).
Ultraviolet (<3 Milla, plus it looks great).
Edward Scissorhands
Back to the Future (!)
The Punisher (with Thomas Jane, cause he's awesome)
Eight Legged Freaks
Sleepy Hollow
The Dark Knight
Striptease (underrated, but awesome)
Wishmaster
The Last Samurai (Granted, bit too US-patriotic'y, but.. Samurais :<)

And also, cause they're too many to put on separate lines, Terminator, Terminator 2, Predator, Predator 2, The Running Man, Total Recall, Demolition Man, Elektra (Jennifer Garner is great in it), Robocop, Highlander, Sniper, Shooter, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins.... hmm, bet I forgot tons now :<
Names to keep an eye out for; John Carpenter, Tim Burton, Kurt Russel, Josh Hartnett, Dolph Lundgren, Val Kilmer (tho not in the same sentence as Batman), Arnold n Sly (ofc), Christian Bale (cause he is also, awesome).... Not gonna start listing the women, they might be biased by looks ;p

/edit: FORGOT! American Ninja! <3

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Matrix (first one only, other two were shit in comparison)
Lethal Weapon 1-4 (impossible to not love those tbh)
er, i'm rubbish with remember stuff so those two will do for the mo :p

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
Anshrr said:
Prince of Darkness
The Thing (John Carpenter)
30 Days of Night
2001 A Space Odyssey
Equilibrium (Already mentioned, but awesome).
Ultraviolet (<3 Milla, plus it looks great).
Edward Scissorhands
Back to the Future (!)
The Punisher (with Thomas Jane, cause he's awesome)
Eight Legged Freaks
Sleepy Hollow
The Dark Knight
Striptease (underrated, but awesome)
Wishmaster
The Last Samurai (Granted, bit too US-patriotic'y, but.. Samurais :<)

And also, cause they're too many to put on separate lines, Terminator, Terminator 2, Predator, Predator 2, The Running Man, Total Recall, Demolition Man, Elektra (Jennifer Garner is great in it), Robocop, Highlander, Sniper, Shooter, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins.... hmm, bet I forgot tons now :<
Names to keep an eye out for; John Carpenter, Tim Burton, Kurt Russel, Josh Hartnett, Dolph Lundgren, Val Kilmer (tho not in the same sentence as Batman), Arnold n Sly (ofc), Christian Bale (cause he is also, awesome).... Not gonna start listing the women, they might be biased by looks ;p

/edit: FORGOT! American Ninja! <3

Nice list, I love carpenters stuff, Escape from new york is one of my favourites. But eight legged freaks? Jesus, I almost walked out of the cimena on that turkey. Glad to see someone finally mentioned stuff like predator and robocop.

Terminator was amazing when it came out, totally blew me away, and I remember going to the odeon and watching T2. God that was stunning (Not a big fan now though, seen it too many times). I'm a huge 70's / 80s movie fan and spent far too much cash on dvd's. Often spend a lot of time on http://www.fast-rewind.com/

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Yeah, I've spent tons on videos and dvds aswell, sadly my video collection is packed away. And soon I'll have to start all over with Blu-Ray :eek:
70s and 80s where awesome for horror movies, and 80s action movies are great :D Predator was one of the first proper movies I had (although in a severly cut version), so I've seen it TONS.
Nice site, will have to take a look around it ^^

Oh, and since it had a classic revenge 80s movie feel to it, I'm gonna link to the trailer of Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino. Lots of movies comming that I can't wait for, but this looks like a proper badass one :D

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
srsly though,
Identity
Lucky Number Slevin
Blade 1-trinity, they all rawk
Van Wilder, Party Liason <- This films the reason I went to uni, I was hugely disappointed Edge Hill didn't have a Van Wilder :< or an indian exchange student from Banglapore to become my assistant. Or a blonde haired black guy for that matter.
Road Trip (or Euro Trip, THAT ONE HAS VINNIE JONES FFS)
and Superbad, coz one of my mates looks like Fogal.

U

Ursanis

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood