Minecraft

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
Should have worn a condom, m8!

Oh god. :(

Also, I bought Minecraft yesterday. NICE. I fucking love it, but I really can't play because of exams. I'm hosting my own little server and my friend is building shit while I study. Can't wait for exams to finish now.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Whats the IP? I want to get on a small little multiplayer server to just dick about on, Buxville has too many rules :(

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
I might tell you after my exams are over, but tbh I don't know how well the server would cope, basically running it off my laptop using a connection shared with 8 students. I'd have to consult with my Minecraft wife.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Would be nice to have a server just for messing around on with friends, but yeh with too many people it'll overload in no time..

Buxville's server has gone through many upgrades over the months, and Joy still has to track down and fix new stability issues that appear. Although that has over 100 ppl :D

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
My friend has ruined the land. :(

shitwasfucked.jpg

We had to migrate across the water, lol is there any way to stop the damn forest fire?

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
You can put them out, but urm.. manually :D if you hit a fire it goes out, or remove the wood. Or pour water on it!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
btw, Bux is also running a test server currently, it has no "rules" as Careface refers to them, and it runs 1.2.

Also only has a few people online, so you can just do whatever :p

IP: buxtest.zapto.org

And come check out Buxville after your exams Plog, Minecraft is awesome indeed :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I think it's growing faster than we can put it out.

That's what she said.

Well there's obviously server plugins to prevent fire, but if you wanna stay pure, you gotta use waterbuckets :p

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
lol I like it pure so far, the only thing that worries me about the fire is that it might be too much for my little server. I hope it dosn't grow to places I havnt even generated yet, I doubt that would happen though?

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Fire is a good server killer if it hits a big forest, lags it up a treat.. It'll only spread on wood and leaves that are close to each other though.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
How did you set your server up plog? Is there a tutorial or something online explaining how to do it?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
lol I like it pure so far, the only thing that worries me about the fire is that it might be too much for my little server. I hope it dosn't grow to places I havnt even generated yet, I doubt that would happen though?

Yea it can't burn things that don't exist :p

But fire can lag badly indeed.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Yeah all this forwarding ports stuff is too complicated for an uneducated Brit. Someone else set up a small server we can mess about on please?

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
Yeah all this forwarding ports stuff is too complicated for an uneducated Brit. Someone else set up a small server we can mess about on please?

I used this

It's pretty easy, but it all depends on your security settings on your router for ports I guess. I didn't have to do anything with them though.

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
Also, if you come on my server and clear the fire then you can definately stay forever if anyone's up for it :D