In real life I ....

A

Alron

I was just lurking around your forum and wanted to post a little bit here :p

I work in administration in a company called Achilles Systems. It's an IT-business.

Besides that I am a father for a boy at age 4 months, and a step-dad for a 2 year old boy (practiclly father to him as well).
I spend most of my free time hanging around with my kids and playing WoW when they're sleeping or doing some renovating in our house. My fiancèe also plays WoW :)

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
I'm a student of Business Communication, currently in what should be my last weeks if all goes well. I plan to have a little break once I'm finished, then either get a job or continue studying.

I'm also a babysitter (I think its guest parent officially lol ), usually two days a week for a 1 and 3 year old, sometimes for a 4 and 5 year old as well. In my spare time of which I usually have loads I am a complete football nut, watching almost everything I can and playing a lot of football games.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Galatea said:
Gink said:
Ask Plog, apparently I build boats ><

something to do with a rig? let me guess, I have totally misunderstood too :(

So many fancy titles ><
Im just a blue collar scaffolder, working in the onshore oil&gas industry, probably going offshore come spring.

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
AlGhouthi said:
Ribena said:
I am a student, a baker and a musician! I'm studying BSc Audio Music Technology . =]

Can you make me some cool effect pedals for my guitar?

With a bit of time and effort, we actually have a couple of modules on stuff like that this semester. Recording/ production is more my thing though, so I am more accustomed to using the effects. :p

U

Ursanis

Almost done with my master in system administration atm....

Kirki said:
I'm a Mathematician, finishing my master course atm on Statistics, Decision Making and Operational Research (is that the right term in English, i wonder.... :p )
Part time working as a maths tutor for high school-uni students.

Can you do this one then? ;P

Say we have a bowl of N marbles, each of them unique. We draw M marbles and put them back. L of the marbles we get are ones we had drawn before. Or something like that.
Express N in terms of M and L

I was thinking something like N=1/sqrt(L/M), but that seems to lack a lot of !s and nCr/nPr's from what I rememeber of statistics so it's gotta be wrong :p

K

Kirki

Doesn't sound like a well-defined problem, since you've only drawn once and then you compare 2 sets of drawn marbles, isn't that so? :p

U

Ursanis

Kirki said:
Doesn't sound like a well-defined problem, since you've only drawn once and then you compare 2 sets of drawn marbles, isn't that so? :p

I'm just not expressing it very well, what I meant was that we draw M times, 1 marble each time, put it back and then draw 1 again. So that on M'th draw we know the result of draw nr. M-1 and all the previous draws , on (M-1)'th draw we know the result of (M-2)'th and so on.

A

Alron

Ursanis said:
Kirki said:

I'm just not expressing it very well, what I meant was that we draw M times, 1 marble each time, put it back and then draw 1 again. So that on M'th draw we know the result of draw nr. M-1 and all the previous draws , on (M-1)'th draw we know the result of (M-2)'th and so on.

Imagine our crazy guild-chat at times.... :8

Neema

May 8, 2007
Currently I run my own company, which is developing a software for construction project management - whilst I do IT-support for a company on the side to make a decent monthly pay. (Cause the primary activity does not give any income.... yet....)

S

Stuvvie

Lurking around just like Alron, fun topic so I'll add my share :p

I am being trained to be a machine mechanic 32 hours a week, wanting to step over into industrial design or something. Work on weekdays and saturdays in a supermarket sorta playing supervisor for 12 hours minimal and in my free time I work out alot and do some maintainance on 3 sailing yachts and a motoryacht for a german dude (got all the keys, free to use as I like :D). On days off I watch the kids on my old lower school during lunchtime and sometimes help out in classes (not too often). How I have time to play wow is a mystery but it's possible!

F

flores

I am a Social Worker working with offenders by writing reports for Courts and supervising them on Court and post prison sentence orders.

E

Elanos

I'm still just a student being 18 years old and all.
Biotechnoligy is what I study, quite interesting so far.
Also going to do a master in it afterwards.

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
I'm a student of Psychology currently studying at the Open university of Heerlen in the Netherlands. Open university means all my studying is done at home from books that get sent to me, no lessons, no tutors and every three weeks i do an exam. My bachelors in Psychology has 42 modules that I have to complete to get the degree and I want to be done in three years. So 14 modules a year is my target. Currently busy for just about 7 months now. Eventually I think i'll try and get a masters in Clinical or experimental social psychology and either setup a private praktice or do research.
In my free time I work (how witty) in a Hotel on the coast of belgium cleaning swimming pools and rooms there. On my contract my official occupation is 'cleaning lady'. Oo
Besides that I play wow, occasionaly pluck my harp and write stuff down, mostly fantasy. I also play squash regularly ( wiped the floor with Raynak :mrgreen: ) and love playing board games as well.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
so there's a course in *Psychology* that allows you to never talk to a single other human being in it's entire course? :eek:

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Bani said:
so there's a course in *Psychology* that allows you to never talk to a single other human being in it's entire course? :eek:

as for degree's go, ofc!! Open University is an old idea.

As for being a practising clinical psychologist, one would suppose (hope) that if you see "patients" then you need a medical school attendance.

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Anshrr said:
Afaik psychologists don't need any medical school degree, that's psychiatrists. Tho I don't know what a clinical does, opposed to a..regular? one :p

Clinical psychology can be confused with psychiatry, which generally has similar goals (e.g. the alleviation of mental distress), but is unique in that psychiatrists are medical practitioners licensed to prescribe medication as the primary treatment modality.

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
I work as a computer game artist. Have done since I left home at 18 (Over 15 years now :S ). Started on Amiga games and now working on a big WII / DS title.