In real life I ....

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Was just wondering, what you guys *do* when your not WoWing. I'm guess some have jobs, some are students, and some are home-keepers. I wouldn't be surprised if some people are "taking time out" ;) - but those with jobs, or still studying, what do you actually do, what's your job / or what subject(s) are you studying?

To get the ball rolling: I'm a computer games programmer (my full time job for over 10 years!).

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
I am a student, a baker and a musician! I'm studying BSc Audio Music Technology . =]

Bigglesworth

Apr 29, 2007
I'm a student (first year college) studying BTEC Software Development, and I'm also a paperboy :yes:

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
I work in a bookshop. reading is prolly the only thing I do more than wowing (and I hate fantasy :p (except potter, which was good)).

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Mista said:
I work in a bookshop. reading is prolly the only thing I do more than wowing (and I hate fantasy :p (except potter, which was good)).

Harry Potter. :sick: I prefer Julia Donaldson's work.

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
I work as a business travel consultant and when I find the time I am a writer (fiction/science fiction).

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
I play WoW

But eh Im a student studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics and am going to Uni to study Maths after this Summer hopefully <_<

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
I'm in my 2nd year of uni doing Aeronautical Engineering, also trying (and failing) to learn programming.

K

Kirki

I'm a Mathematician, finishing my master course atm on Statistics, Decision Making and Operational Research (is that the right term in English, i wonder.... :p )
Part time working as a maths tutor for high school-uni students.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I just started my first job half a year ago, as a management consultant for supply chain management, and also doing some light internal programming :)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I study the aliens. Astrobiology. And something called Information System Management - How to make companies spend billions on crappy it-solutions and how to make demands on software that makes programmers consider suicide.

M

melkor

In uni, finishing off my masters in comp sci, artificial intelligence and pattern rec.
and working part time as a softw. dev.

oh, and drink a lot.... with arly.... whom I actually share an apartment with ;) roar!

full time geek in other words ;)

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
Have been studying chinese for 2½ years now, this involves the chinese language (characters aswell), chinese culture, society and philosophy. Going to China for 2 months in spring to relax and hook up with some friends there and practice my language. In fall I'll be working on my BA project.

In my spare time I mostly read or play the occasional game of DotA (a WC3 mod) with friends, write fiction, practice the guitar (I'm horrible :kiss: ) and practice Taijiquan (Tai chi) and am generally a martial arts nut.