Heroes of Newerth

Atarix

sup fresh
Nov 3, 2008
"Life Steal items, except for Abyssal Skull, are now exclusive attack modifiers (will not stack with Frostburn, Frostwolf's Skull, etc)"

cant believe this >_>

Lonei

Shitpenis
Aug 7, 2008
It's based on DotA Ded, their main audience is people migrating from WC3 to HoN. So most people will come from there for a massive graphics improvement, new heroes, items and actual ranking, not to mention leaver protection and reconnection capabilities.
As for new people taking to it, once it's actually released matchmaking should rank people of similar skill together, and PSR should do a good enough job for low ranking people to judge similar skilled players. So you won't get raped as much unless you're really terrible, but then you'll just sink in rating untill you get to people your skill level whom you can learn with and eventually bump yourself up again. You just have to have patience for release and then patience whilst you learn the game.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Has this game even talked about finishing beta yet? Seems to have been on it forever, they're losing boku moneys.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Talked yes. And closed beta has been ages, doubt open will be that long to.

Going live will fix some big problems for sure, the smurfs and plants and all.

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Tbh when I was playing it there wasn't really any bugs, can imagine there would be that I just didn't pick up on but nothing too major that they couldn't fix with future patches. I'm just curious why it's still in beta when its got 1 million players already :/

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Well look at the latest patch notes :p But yea, it could be released already, but they want a more polished product, and they needed the UI overhaul, etc.