Good series

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Been watching a new show called "Forever". About a guy that can't die (well he can but then revives naked in water somewhere) that has the deduction skills like Sherlock. Pretty good show so far.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Awesome to see all the new suggestions :D Is there any scifi worth watching? Seems it's getting revived in the cinema (Star Wars, Star Trek,....) but I'm not seeing any cool new shows, Battlestar reboot was the last cool one I watched....

Also Strong, what makes that show good? Sherlock is the best TV of recent times imo, but combining that with also being invincible.. Where does the suspension come from?!

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
When it comes to the scifi in form of ST, SW or Battlestar there aren't any new shows after they cancled Enterprise. Did you watch the Stargate shows tho? Both the original (SG1) and Atlantis are quite worth it. There is SG: Universe aswell but its kinda meh, they canceled that too.

Comparing Forever and Sherlock is not really a thing. Sure they both use their skills in homocide, assisting detectives. But Forever has a lot more focus on the characters backstory and ofcourse the fact he can't die. Plus, it's Mr. Elastic from The Fantastic 4 that plays him :D. But ye it has some things that are the same as Sherlock and that is where Sherlock is indeed better, but I can't really spill much of the show without giving spoilers. Besides, if you like Sherlock, you definitely like this!

Arius

May or may not poison food
Nov 21, 2013
I started watching Defiance lately and while not top notch I think it's still quite enjoyable

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Awesome to see all the new suggestions :D Is there any scifi worth watching? Seems it's getting revived in the cinema (Star Wars, Star Trek,....) but I'm not seeing any cool new shows, Battlestar reboot was the last cool one I watched....

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is not strictly sci-fi I suppose but I think it's quite a good show. First 10-12 episodes are a bit meh but it really picks up after that as it approaches and overtakes the Captain America 2 storyline. I was suprised at the depth of the plot and the sometimes Firefly humor of the show untill I saw Joss Whedon on the credits one time. I think it's well worth watching.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Pretty Little Liars and The Mindy Project.
/hairflip

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Just started "Hell on Wheels". Seems to have been around for a bit now (4 seasons so far) but really good.
It's about the railway race in America after the civil war, good western series.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Not a single boob in the first 30 secs, looks pretty boring.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Better. Quite pixelated though.

I did like her hair.

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
Haven't read up on if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I really like the new Constantine series. It started of okish but has grown on me, sadly it seems uncertain if it's gonna continue after it'sinitial 13 episodes. Would be a shame to cancel imo.
For those uninformed, it's based on the awesome comic that started in the 80's called Hellblazer, sadly more known from the so-so movie Constantine with Keanu Reeves.
It's a fantasy/horror style show with some investigation and random crazyness thrown in.