Expansion release date

OP
N

noobies

Whats gonna happen to the instances if ppl end up level70 all the high end instances will be a walk in the park for every big guild i guess.
:cry:

OP
N

Nearly

noobies said:
Whats gonna happen to the instances if ppl end up level70 all the high end instances will be a walk in the park for every big guild i guess.
:cry:

There are instances in the expansion you know ;)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yeah, because

"OMG, I got nothing to do when I reach level 70 because my items are better than everything available QQ"

is better, right? :wink:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Still you'd think full T3 carries some weight even at lvl70, it shouldn't be close to lvl70 epics, but not worse than blues you get when levelling up :eek:

OP
N

noobies

Ayu said:
Yeah, because

"OMG, I got nothing to do when I reach level 70 because my items are better than everything available QQ"

is better, right? :wink:

Yes, exactly :lol:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Joyae said:
Still you'd think full T3 carries some weight even at lvl70, it shouldn't be close to lvl70 epics, but not worse than blues you get when levelling up :eek:

It's good enough to level in. Except for Healers who will fallback to 2.5 and DPS Warriors, too, I guess.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
Joyae said:

It's good enough to level in. Except for Healers who will fallback to 2.5 and DPS Warriors, too, I guess.

Bliz is trying to make the entire 60-70 trip instanced, so healers wont be needing DPS gear, not speccing shadow for it. That, and quests.

OP
G

Joyae said:

Indeed, epics last for quite a while. Boots of Avoidance, level 40 epic plate boots, are still quite good at 60. Robes of Insight, a level 42 epic cloth robe, is still great at 60. I'm sure that tier 2 and tier 3 epics will be better than blues you'll get while leveling to 70 :)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Liandra said:
Joyae said:

Indeed, epics last for quite a while. Boots of Avoidance, level 40 epic plate boots, are still quite good at 60. Robes of Insight, a level 42 epic cloth robe, is still great at 60. I'm sure that tier 2 and tier 3 epics will be better than blues you'll get while leveling to 70 :)

That's not what this Blue post suggests:

[quote:1b1e5] I'm curious about this as well. will level 67+ world drop blues and quest greens be better then naxx loot? ouch.

Leveling-up gear will begin to replace current end-game raiding gear. [/quote:1b1e5]

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
WTB my Draenei Shaman!

Im gonna call it Add and Im gonna have all teh totems and Im going be all pewpew with the shocks :O:O:O

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Joyae said:
Bliz is trying to make the entire 60-70 trip instanced, so healers wont be needing DPS gear, not speccing shadow for it. That, and quests.
huh? where did you read that? :eek:

all other raiding guilds forums I visit suggest otherwise and they prepare for a grind-fest :wink:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Blozzom said:
Joyae said:

all other raiding guilds forums I visit suggest otherwise and they prepare for a grind-fest :wink:

Yea, sadly I didn't save the URL, you might remember Bliz saying they want to make tighter overlap for 60-70 instances, that's a big clue right there.

OP
N

Nearly

Blozzom said:
Joyae said:

I'd read the same as Joy had (can't remember where though). I think those that say its gonna be a grind fest just want to get to 70 and get back to where they are now - raiding at "end game", stroking their Epeens and gibbering about 1sts ;)

Personally, i'll be levelling through instances where possible, with quests and the odd grind when i'm bored - i can't think of anything worse than just ignoring all the rest of the content just for the sake of being stuck being Overpowered in 99% of 5 mans, and waiting for 39 other people to get to 70 so i can hit $zone.

ymmv :)

(Note: i know they're working on lots of new 5 man content for 60-70+, i can't wait)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Very much signed, I think you can't look at 60-70 as you look at 50-60, getting to 70 ASAP wont be my primary goal, I would want to get the questing and doing the instances at their intended level.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What Nearly said. 5-10 mans is where the fun is :)

OP
P

Punchy

Nearly said:
.... I think those that say its gonna be a grind fest just want to get to 70 and get back to where they are now - raiding at "end game", stroking their Epeens and gibbering about 1sts ;)

MUST..... RESIST..... URGE TO....... SAY....... BAD THINGS.

arrrrrgh!!!!!1 :twisted:

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Ayu said:
What Nearly said. 5-10 mans is where the fun is :)
yeah, if you get the required groups to do so :wink:

oh well, BC is still a few months off, we'll know more soon enough....

but yes, I do want to get lvl 70 asap, get a flying mount, see places you can't without flying mounts and stroke my epeen as much as possible, you know it feels good :twisted:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The point is, if there's people around when you want to, doing instances will be more rewarding and fun than grinding, and available for the entire 10 levels, awkward grinding is likely going to be alot less efficient in all aspects: fun, profit, speed.