Blizzard loves pallies, druids, and ofc shamen!

G

Anshrr said:
Didn't say it was worse. But that doesn't make it better.
It's the work versus the reward. If the reward is something that benefits you by a smidgeon, once a blue moon, why do the work?

If you can get something better for that gear slot, go for it :lol:

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Joyma said:
Anshrr said:
Plus, these things are like increased light radius items in Diablo2. Better than nothing, but just barely.

OMG blasphemy, light radius was the pwn :eek:

n00bs to gaming like me have no clue what you are talking about....

OP
Anshrr

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
MF is sooo overrated. A friend made a hammerdin (recently, stupid git won't just play WoW, noooo.. that would be time consuming, playing d2 10hours a day is waaay better) and basically gave up any stat if he could get more MF. If anything, Meph dropped even less uniques ^^

I'll stick to my wwsin with +skill gear ;P

K

Katre

Anshrr said:
MF is sooo overrated.

I used to think that I did better on my high MF chars but who knows.
Amusingly, the two new chars in GW are almost exactly the two in D2X :)

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Katryal said:
Amusingly, the two new chars in GW are almost exactly the two in D2X :)

Well they did give GW Assassin, but Ritualist aligns more to WoW's Shaman, especially since they get something called Spirits which works _sorta_ like Totems, in the design of a stationary benefit. Aside from that it's not odd if you know who the lead designers were on GW :p

K

Katre

Aelin said:
you know who the lead designers were on GW :p
Hmm, I disagree, the d2 team were not known for their lack of creative ability, so I was suprised that they would have to reuse their previous successes in GW.

As for the shaman/druid thing, I was thinking of the spirits the druid had, as well as the vines etc.

And as for poor Joh, he should take a month's break from wow just to play d2x imo as he clearly doesn't know what he's missing. He can have Li breaks, of course, I'm not inhumane.

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Katryal said:
Aelin said:
you know who the lead designers were on GW :p
Hmm, I disagree, the d2 team were not known for their lack of creative ability, so I was suprised that they would have to reuse their previous successes in GW.

As for the shaman/druid thing, I was thinking of the spirits the druid had, as well as the vines etc.

Well, I wouldn't say they're reusing old methods, just the name, mainly because it fits with what skills the class has, could call it ninja but that would just be.... lame :p
Don't think they're leaning on old used ideas. but comming up with new concepts for different types of classes, is (seemingly) hard. Just look at WoW, how many of the classes were also present in D2? Granted, they improved on them alot in their playstyle, from 2 button smashing (or 1 button if you liked being a Paladin using auras) to.... a lot more buttons. The same thing can be said about Arenanet and using Assassin, they just didn't bother giving a new name, but did improve the concept.

Forgot about the spirits the Druid would get, mainly because I was more into Shapeshifting. But as far as I know, the spirits the Ritualist get is, well, complicated :)

Edit: To clarify a bit

K

Katre

Fair enough, I have very limited GW experience; it failed to inspire me much.