Best PvE skill?

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
EXECUTE! mwahahahah!

FD is indeed very good, vanish the same (tho not as often)
DI + Soulstone is awsome for "ooc ressing"
BoP on AOE`ing mages is also one of my favourites.
Saved the raid a couple times with LoH also. :p
There`s so many.

I`ll go for DI + Soulstone, though you need 2 classes to pull it off :wink:

OP
A

Anevia

Gink said:
I`ll go for DI + Soulstone, though you need 2 classes to pull it off :wink:

I don't get the point with this "combo".

Edit: DI'ng another resser and use the ss, so you can ooc ress with two? weird....

OP
S

Scorponok

Definitely Feign Death and Vanish, for the reasons outlined in the first post. <Boss who I shall not name in BWL> is a good example, but as itemisation gets better it could start to affect other fights too - mages simply can't do more than X damage on him, because then they pass the tank on the aggro list, whereas rogues can vanish / hunters can feign to reset aggro and go all-out (to an extent). Ice Block is nice, but it's a temporary solution (ask me about our last Onyxia attempt).

One of the theories about invisibility is that when they add it in the expansion, it'll be a deaggro of some kind. That just leaves warlocks, who have Soulstone as a deaggro :V

OP
R

Raz

ursanis said:
in that case sweping+ whirlwind before it got nerfed ;P (still decent too)

You sure? Sweeping strikes doesent work in the same stance as Whirlwind, so I guess it is cleave :wink:

OP
A

Alron

Raz said:
ursanis said:
in that case sweping+ whirlwind before it got nerfed ;P (still decent too)

You sure? Sweeping strikes doesent work in the same stance as Whirlwind, so I guess it is cleave :wink:

Well you can enable Sweeping, and change stance ;) Used to be great :)

Personally I think Intimidating Shout must be the best skill ever. Always fun to see feared mobs getting more mates to join the fight!

OP
A

Asmodean

Seeing the "Life Tap + Life/Mana Drain" combo on my lock makes me depressive as mage. It's UBER - both solo and in groups.

OP
G

Asmodean said:
Seeing the "Life Tap + Life/Mana Drain" combo on my lock makes me depressive as mage. It's UBER - both solo and in groups.

Shrug, we have Mana Gems, Mage Armor and Evocation. No mana problems.

OP
G

Scorponok said:
Ice Block is nice, but it's a temporary solution (ask me about our last Onyxia attempt).

What happened at your last Onyxia attempt?

OP
T

trancer

Asmodean said:

Grin, try that with +dmg gear and 3/8 felheart, it becomes UBER^2

OP
A

Asmodean

Liandra said:
Asmodean said:

Shrug, we have Mana Gems, Mage Armor and Evocation. No mana problems.

What has Mage Armor to do with nearly infinite in-combat regeneration both mana- and health-wise aka being some kind of perpetuum mobile? :p

OP
S

Scorponok

Liandra said:
Scorponok said:
Ice Block is nice, but it's a temporary solution (ask me about our last Onyxia attempt).

This happened to me and another frost mage virtually simultaneously.

We're frostbolting away, and we pull aggro (we weren't using the usual tank, from whom it was impossible to pull aggro). So we both ice block for the full duration, and then stand there doing nothing. Literally, nothing. No spellcasting, no moving, no bandaging, NOTHING AT ALL. We did not move on the aggro list.

20 seconds later, Onyxia turns back to us and kills us (presumably the tank just got knocked back or something). Yeah, thanks ice block.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Scorponok said:
Liandra said:
Scorponok said:

This happened to me and another frost mage virtually simultaneously.

We're frostbolting away, and we pull aggro (we weren't using the usual tank, from whom it was impossible to pull aggro). So we both ice block for the full duration, and then stand there doing nothing. Literally, nothing. No spellcasting, no moving, no bandaging, NOTHING AT ALL. We did not move on the aggro list.

20 seconds later, Onyxia turns back to us and kills us (presumably the tank just got knocked back or something). Yeah, thanks ice block.

Onyxia drops aggro off of the MT regurlarly so that is why you got aggro. This is also the reason you can get aggro in Phase 1 even though you give the tank 1 min to build up aggro.

OP
S

Scorponok

Yeah, she "drops aggro" by doing the knockback (all knockback attacks are also deaggros). I just wasn't expecting it - we normally use a pro tank who I can't take aggro off even when I blow my timers (unless I do it within 15s of the start of the fight).

OP
G

Scorponok said:
we normally use a pro tank who I can't take aggro off even when I blow my timers (unless I do it within 15s of the start of the fight).

Give such tanks.. we're stuck with some noob bear :(

OP
N

Nearly

Johras said:
Scorponok said:
we normally use a pro tank who I can't take aggro off even when I blow my timers (unless I do it within 15s of the start of the fight).

Give such tanks.. we're stuck with some noob bear :(

We almost have one - we have Maz, they have Moz - close enough to work i think :)