Ayu's new computer

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
BTW Ayu, your GPU as well as CPU are very good overclockers, go go tinker!

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yer, stuff changed ridiculously fast. The mobo even has overclocking buttons where you just press + and - to increase the bus. Seriously, wtf happened to the old school BIOS overclocking? :Q

What kinda PC do you have btw for comparison? I just want 25 man raids with all the cool addons to run at 50+ FPS for once (@1600x1200). <_<

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Have a Core2 Duo E8500 and an ATI 1900 GPU. Actually thinking of upgrading to the GPU you just ordered, it's in zhe angebot here. You should be able to run that yea :p Even though some encounters are really taxing with all the shit flying around, can only find out by trying :p

Otherwise you always have that DynamicPerformance addon to try, but for now you should be golden.

Really curious how this will effect your tanking, you might get worse actually having stuff to look at now :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I might actually be as awesome as in our 10 mans now that I get more than 10 FPS. It might actually up melee survivability on mobs that cleave. :Q

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Awww don't say that, DK's already survive that usually :(

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Also, now that my FPS issues are solved I can finally apply to TLW. :D:D:D:D::D:D:D

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
Ayu said:
Also, now that my FPS issues are solved I can finally apply to TLW. :D:D:D:D::D:D:D

if you'd of told me those were your motives, i'd of spent januarys student loan installment buying ur new pc for you :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Did anyone else notice Croga hasn't posted in a 4-page thread about computers? Someone check his pulse :<

Nicolaco

Count Nicol, III.
Apr 19, 2009
Btw Tyds, maybe u wanna check some serious keyboards and mouse - that will make a lot of difference in the quality of gameplay . Start with Razor (Tarantula, Lachesis , etc) if this don't suit you, you still can find better (and more expensive ones)
http://www.razerzone.com/

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Get a Logitech MX518 mouse, very cheap, very awesome.

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
I'm thinking of getting pretty much the same setup as the one Ayu is getting (with a smaller harddrive though), but noone selss be quiet! PSU's in Denmark. Does anyone know of a good alternative to the one listed? And if more than 450W would be needed if using SLI at one point?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
LC PSUs are generally cheap and good. I got a 550W one for like 35 euros.