Anime geeks ._.

OP
M

Moonbiter

heh, and I thought I am the only one into anime. Hello all fellow "not-otaku", "never ever gonna like anime" and similar kind :lol:
somebody even mentioned Initial-D, that's one of the first I saw and the soundtrack is really great for driving.
Cheers for all those who like anime even though they don't admit that :D

Mazzy

Oct 4, 2005
Dansu, your avatar.... Is that from Mononoke Hime? Seems familiar but been too long since I saw that anime.

OP
M

Moonbiter

Yeah, it's from Mononoke Hime. Those creatures are called Kodama :) It's tree spirit and although they appear in japanese folk tales such image was created by Miyazaki. Heh, I could go on about what these creatures do to people who wander into the forest but it would grow into a long and really weird post (not like it's not weird now :lol: )

OP
R

Raz

Also Robin Hobb, George R. R. Martin and Robert Jordan can be reccomended. :)

OP
J

Jullius

Wheel of time is getting a bit boring....

I'm reading the last book atm, and they're just dieing to make the story longer and longer and longer..........

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
<-- Terry Pratchett, Discworld books reader :)

OP
G

Raz said:
Also Robin Hobb, George R. R. Martin and Robert Jordan can be reccomended. :)

I like Hobb, but Martin and Jordan are too "slow" and have too many characters for my taste. I read the first 8 books of Wheel of Time, then decided "booooring" :)

Prefer the series where more stuff happens. Eddings good.

OP
R

Raz

Jordan have become more slow, his first 5 books are ok though, before the main character just became to unlikely powerfull IMO :?

OP
J

Jojo

Had to make an rply, Robert Jordans Wheel of time is a great serie, but it would be damn exelent if he had merged it down to like 5 books.
12 pages just to explain a room, wtf is that about!?!

Any ways, not that they would ever tell you, but I'm on to them!!
Me thinks the game Dragon Age has gotten their idea to the game from Wheel of Time!http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/

fyi!

OP
K

Katre

Steven Brust also writes very well. Everyone should read at least the Belgariad by David Eddings too, even though it's not the greatest fantasy, it's very well written.