Aelin's Emo Corner

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Well, it kinda depends on what mood you are in.
If you feel like utterly beating someone to a pulp, some emo american creed wannabe singing with rock music as backup just wont do :p
Also, Death Metal isn't Death Metal without the growl.
I.e. Cannibal Corpse's "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" would probably be pretty lame with some mellow chick singing it oO

Rib, u say a vocalist should enchance a song. Well, to me, a really deep, unbeliable growl, can do more than just another guy singing clean. Again, it depends on what you want to listen to. It's just like popmusic. Doesn't matter if the lyrics makes absolutely no sense, if it has a beat and you just want to dance (I don't dance, it's an example :<).

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
Also, Death Metal isn't Death Metal without the growl.

Rammstein? Granted, they jump alot in the different genres, but they sure as hell do Death Metal too :p

OP
Ribena

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
Anshrr said:
Rib, u say a vocalist should enchance a song. Well, to me, a really deep, unbeliable growl, can do more than just another guy singing clean. Again, it depends on what you want to listen to. It's just like popmusic. Doesn't matter if the lyrics makes absolutely no sense, if it has a beat and you just want to dance (I don't dance, it's an example :<).

Yah, in some songs growling/screaming fits really well (eg: http://www.myspace.com/darkesthour), but some people really really overdo it. ( http://www.myspace.com/boltthrower)

I'm not totally against it, I enjoy it when done well and appropriately, but I'm also a sucker for great lyrics, singing and melody :p - Norma Jean, for example rox0rz. ( http://www.myspace.com/normajean)

PS - Aelin you say you like gurl singers.... Ever listened to much Arch Enemy? :p

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Ribena said:
PS - Aelin you say you like gurl singers.... Ever listened to much Arch Enemy? :p

I was thinking more like Lacuna Coil, or to some extend Evanes-etc :cry:

(Oooo, and FAA's singer, Autumns Monologue is just.. Awe)

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Rammstein death metal? /giggle ^^
Don't get me wrong, Rammstein is one of the bands I listen most to, but not exactly what I associate with death metal ;p

And I like Bolt Thrower :p
If you want overdone growl, Iniquity would be a good candidate (imo), but I still think Iniquity is awesome ^^
(Other DM bands that rawk, are Cannibal Corpse (ofc), Six Feet Under, Blood Red Throne, Aeturnus, and ofc Morbid Angel).

Lacuna Coil is great, it's kinda like Nightwish (not the music), in how it's totally different purely due to the singer. Without the girls singing, Nightwish and LC would probably just be some nameless bands in the crowd of guitarmasturbating, curlyhaired, leatherpantswearing rock metal bands. (I don't like that kinda music, can u tell? It's something about men singing like girls and playing 5 minute guitar solos just to show of their skill lol).
I'd call Evanescence rock over metal though.

Arch Enemy is lol, haven't decided yet if it's cool or if it's just silly ^^

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
Rammstein death metal? /giggle ^^
Don't get me wrong, Rammstein is one of the bands I listen most to, but not exactly what I associate with death metal ;p

Obviously you haven't read their lyrics :p

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Oh I have. They're all filthy, sleazy, sometimes insiuative, lyrics.
But Spice Girls singing about raping your mom, isn't deathmetal ;p
Maybe if Rammstein cut out the synth, and did a growl, but then Rammstein wouldn't be Rammstein anymore ^^

Ps. B

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
Oh I have. They're all filthy, sleazy, sometimes insiuative, lyrics.
But Spice Girls singing about raping your mom, isn't deathmetal ;p
Maybe if Rammstein cut out the synth, and did a growl, but then Rammstein wouldn't be Rammstein anymore ^^

Ps. B

OP
Ribena

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
I would class Rammstein as industrial metal.

And Anshrr.... Are you saying you don't like Iron Maiden or Rhapsody?!! Lrn 2 open your ears!!1 :rtfm:

Arch Enemy are alright, We Will Rise is a ch00n!

Bolt Thrower couldnt be worse live, by the end of their set I was willing mutilate my own ear drums.

I love this thread. <3

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Ribena said:
I would class Rammstein as industrial metal.

Well mainly I agree, but believe they have certain songs that tilt over to other catagories, 'course that's just my opinion.

Iron Maiden <3, Trooper ftw!

Rhapsody - meh, the classic in it doesn't appeal to me :p

Good thread, agree :bounce:

(btw, I haden't really heard Arch Enemy (Properly) but finding some of their songs quite good, Nemesis is nice :) )

Aaaaaaaaaacesss Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh (It had to be there :<)

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Ribena said:
And Anshrr.... Are you saying you don't like Iron Maiden or Rhapsody?!! Lrn 2 open your ears!!1 :rtfm:

Iron Maiden is cool. Don't listen to it actively, but know it since my mom is a big fan. Rhapsody, the little I know of it, is like maiden, but with guitar solos that last 3x longer. Which ruins the whole thing. Plus, only Dickinson can do the high pitch singing nowadays and not seem like someone lost in the eighties ;p

Ribena said:
Bolt Thrower couldnt be worse live, by the end of their set I was willing mutilate my own ear drums.

Haven't seen em live, just heard some songs. No guts no glory is pretty cool imo. Might suck live, but.... until they come to my house and replace my computar, I don't really mind ^^

OP
Ribena

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
Hah, as a guitar player I guess I'm kinda biased when it comes to 4 minute solos :p But Fabio Lione (Rhapsody dude) can totally pull the singing off, just not as well as Bruce of course!

Bolthrower = Denied :cry:

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Ahh, saw this today while in Copenhagen, sadly other albums were more tempting :<