Aelin's Emo Corner

M

Mark

You have caused big arguments in my household, and I love you for it :)

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
And here I just picked a random band, wasn't expecting anyone to hate it, but okay since you're not Ayu, I'll change it, this one time :axe:

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Heard people say the same thing about Disturbed, but to answer your question: Tears Don't Fall :p

OP
Ribena

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
Aelin said:
Heard people say the same thing about Disturbed, but to answer your question: Tears Don't Fall :p

Disturbed are hard to describe, it's like Korns rapping/ beatboxing bits mixed with Creed. :p

Argh, Tears Don't Fall - Well I have to admit some bits of the CD are quite good, but these are obliterated by some cringeworthy music. <_<

Room 409 is totally the best track! The EP was nice too, I expected more in the album. :(

EDIT: Infact, I can't describe Disturbed.

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Ribena said:
Aelin said:

Disturbed are hard to describe, it's like Korns rapping/ beatboxing bits mixed with Creed. :p

Argh, Tears Don't Fall - Well I have to admit some bits of the CD are quite good, but these are obliterated by some cringeworthy music. <_<

Room 409 is totally the best track! The EP was nice too, I expected more in the album. :(

EDIT: Infact, I can't describe Disturbed.

Well, Korn helped them alot, originally DWTS was a Korn song, apparently (Was told anyway, by more fanatic people than me), and can kinda say that's what jumpstarted their career, at least that song and the famous "yell" kinda made them famous :p

I like Curses too, but yeah, Room 409 is great :)

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Ribena said:
I'm not too into Disturbed tbh, love Korn though!

Korn is, well like most of their stuff, but - meh. Gone a bit more soft lately, Blind was mindblowing back when it was released though :)

Trivium is just.... off the bat, they have one good song :p (Dying in your arms).

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
how can u compare the thingie in the op video to MH and Korn?
MH is heavy metal, Korn is nu-metal (the originals, cept for deftones perhaps), while the music in the video reminded me of what I like to call "pop-metal". yuck. :<

M

Mark

./sigh

Metal is the likes of Children of Bodom and Stone IMO, nice and heavy :)

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
CoB is okay, I just got tired of Death/Black Metal in general, too often you hear a good band getting mutilated by their Growler (Scar Symmetry IE (http://www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry try The Illussionist)); most of the time their bass or guitar player(s) can some wicked tricks, but it's just ruined when the singer then desides to really use that deep down black void of growling :cry:

Then I'd rather hear something more quietly, where the singer is either A: a gurl, or B: Doing actual singing :)

(This is just my opinion, hear what you like, I don't give a damn :p )

M

MooPulvMoo

MY EYES :eek:

Doesn't anyone like the Spice Girls either? :cry:

OP
Ribena

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
Mark said:
./sigh

Metal is the likes of Children of Bodom and Stone IMO, nice and heavy :)

I absolutely love Children of Bodom! Alex Laiho's growl is great, and more importantly, the guitars rule too.

I get where Aelins coming from though, I'd like to hear what the bands are saying to a certain extent, and the vocalist should enhance a song; not butcher it. Ofc this isnt the case for all bands in this category, but there's only a handful that can really pull it off.

Some kinda melody is vital too, 5 minutes of double bass and guitarists in drop B tuning just playing the lowest chords possible isnt my idea of a decent song. :eek: