Hero Shock!

Atermors

Dec 2, 2010
Hi,

I was bored so i created a little addon that will flash your screen and prints out a message to UIErrorFrame if specific keywords are said.

Maybe with it shock won't miss the desperated calls for heroism :)

View attachment 59

Changelog:
0.2:
- Now customizable (Yea FF)
- Some bugfixes

Usage:
Activate it with /hs toggle or in the addon options.
/hs or /heroshock will show you the options.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Trying to use it but it won't do anything at all.......

I've disabled the "combat" toggle so it should work outside combat as well. But whether I'm solo, in a group or in a raid, whether it's whispered or party chat or raid chat, nothing happens.
The Test button works perfectly though.

OP
Atermors

Atermors

Dec 2, 2010
Officer disabled too? Else it will only work if a party leader or assistant is talking to you.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I bet it works just fine but Croga can't see it in his "awesome UI" :D

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Officer disabled too? Else it will only work if a party leader or assistant is talking to you.
tested it by inviting Kumerian into a raid with another character. The other character is then automatically leader. He could type anywhere he wanted but didn't do anything at all.

[edit]Also tested with the Officer box unchecked; same result.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Yup. Activated it on the login screen, then clicked "Activate" on the addon screen.

I've been working on the code a bit and didn't find anything wrong. Then I took Merlijn's FrostLotus code and changed that to a simple version of Heroshock but that didn't work either. Could it be that Prat fucks up the CHAT_MSG_$$$$ events? Cause currently that's the only thing I can imagine.

OP
Atermors

Atermors

Dec 2, 2010
I use prat, too. Could be some prat plugin?

Lets check it out if you're online this evening.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
That's good, cause I am going to keep Ater busy myself. :D

New combat log changes. Again. :<

OP
Atermors

Atermors

Dec 2, 2010
Yea same thing as last patch :D but this time they added something to the interface and not just insert a new parameter right into the middle.... should be easier

EDIT: nvm they changed two parameters -.-

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Did a tiny test last night. There is an addon in the way and it isn't Prat. So sometime later today I'll go see which addon it is.